What do you want/need for your tank that you wish was on sale?

Are you looking for Reefing Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals? (tell us in the thread)

• Yes and I'm looking for something specific

Votes: 198 35.7%
  • Yes but not anything specific

Votes: 127 22.9%
  • No not looking to buy anything right now

Votes: 87 15.7%
  • No but if the right deal came up I would consider it

Votes: 143 25.8%

• Total voters

BJ40oz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Battery Backup so I can go on a Christmas vacation with some peace of mind.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Black Friday and Cyber Monday time so why not talk about what we want or need for our tanks!?

What do you want/need for your tank that you wish was on sale? (who knows maybe the right person will see your request)

lOOKING FOR CORAL DEALS.jpg
Just a suggestion, but if ALL sponsors/advertisers on the fine print to the contract between you and them, would offer special on all their merchandise for black friday, be able to advertise or sponsor here, would benefit everyone if not most.

John Burke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw 3 sell this morning at my LFS. I already have one.
All of my LFS were, like online retailers, only selling bundles. Since I have already invested in a controller and DOS I just can't justify pulling the trigger. :(

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a lot of others have said 10% isn’t making me jump into anything right now. I’m planning an upgrade from my 30l and need all new equipment as this will be anywhere from 100-150, gallons, but haven’t seen really good deals.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing else please! So far I have picked up a Neptune trident and Dos. Must resist any more temptation! Ha

Desmo996

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are too expensive. The actual hardware is cheap and essentially no different than any fluorescent light. How does simple software coding and fantasy sticker add sooo much of a mark up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fish.. . . and coral.
I am not ranting but rather expressing that the Black Friday sales on both were Disappointing. My LFS blew away BF prices by almost 47% and I did not have to pay delivery and wait three days. No incentive to shop online.
Additionally, I think as reef hobbyists, we are a little bit smart all the way around as we become problem solvers , chemists and make decisions that affect sustainability.
WE ARE NOT STUPID MY ANY MEANS AND I AS MANY OF US ARE VERY AWARE OF PRICES AND PRICING.
I REFUSE TO PLAY THE GAME WITH VARIOUS CORAL FROM CERTAIN VENDORS IN WHICH I DO TRACK MOST, BEING OFFERED AS AN EXAMPLE, AN ACRO AT $39.99 3 WEEKS AGO. THE SAME ONE WAS ADVERTISED AT $54.99 2 WEEKS AGO AND 30% OFF AND NOW FOR BLACK FRIDAY AT $69 WITH 40% OFF. AFTER DISCOUNT IS THE SAME $39.99.

This is beyond an insult and a racket to say the least and reduces my confidence in seller as a trusted supplier with these head games. If youre going to give a discount, A True Discount. . . fantastic. If youre going to play these number games- Dont bother.
This is more than one supplier. I m glad I was able to see through this and not get ripped off of my hard earned money not to mention the shipping risks this time of the year.

Thus far, I have found no real decent deals other than chemicals nd media. Very disappointing to say the least AND more than one LFS by me are matching all Black Friday online prices and deals !!

Last edited:

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby and wish the lighting companies had better deals, I just want a light for crying out loud without breaking the bank.

Zeus440

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank I want is for sale but it doesn’t seem to be in stock at other of the vendors I patronize

Todd_elb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Black Friday and Cyber Monday time so why not talk about what we want or need for our tanks!?

What do you want/need for your tank that you wish was on sale? (who knows maybe the right person will see your request)

lOOKING FOR CORAL DEALS.jpg
Seriously though I would like some new pumps and a wavemaker. I like the Hydor pumps but would love the Vortechs with the cords on the outside of the tank.
My wish would be to win a new 100 plus gallon tank or have one gifted. That would be a dream come true. Have a great holiday weekend

jrb1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech P40, or at least a replacement powerhead I don't have to keep replacing every 18 months. I've been very good, Santa.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back