What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Cyricdark, May 12, 2017.

1. Terence

Terence Valuable Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

Engineering: oh, and we forgot to tell you, 9-12 was in hex. We’ve still got six months!

2. Brian Bieger

Brian Bieger Well-Known Member

I dont know how I stumbled into this thread, but pretty funny, there are still people that think vertex is going to release a new product.

siggy, Hemmdog and Cyricdark like this.
  3. tigerhawk

tigerhawk Active Member

You have no idea smh.

vetteguy53081 likes this.
  4. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

It's definitely coming. It's just a matter of when and how stable it will be this time around. And how many will be willing to buy one after all of this...
    I'm betting it will be a success. I have acquired 24 of them as beta testers bailed. Hopefully, I'll at least make my money back.

5. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Well-Known Member

In all fairness to Vertex, if they are developing a completely new controller from scratch, 2 years is not an unreasonable time frame for such a project. (the 4-5 months that they originally promised went beyond fantasy.)

6. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Liars is mildly putting it.
    There needs to be a class action suit to confirm we are no longer as owners putting up with 2+ years of false promises. Time for a FULL REFUND

Hemmdog likes this.
  7. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Especially seeing those who are excited to recieve as promised for the 9th time By Dec 22nd 2018. Let’s see the next lie published by them

Hemmdog likes this.
  8. vetteguy53081

Fairness?? After 2+ years to the customers getting false promises after promises- in all fairness?

Hemmdog likes this.
  9. Brian Bieger

Brian Bieger Well-Known Member

they are going to have to change the name... vertex is going to be FOREVER synonymous with broken gear and failure.

Dont believe me? Go to any reefing event and tell someone you are going to install a vertex controller and see what kind of looks you get.

siggy, Why-Me and vetteguy53081 like this.
  10. vetteguy53081

LOL - good one on the looks

11. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Care to make a bet?

vetteguy53081 likes this.
  12. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Wanna sell me yours? PM me

13. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Would you like to sell yours? PM me

14. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Ready to sell your Cerebra yet? PM me or hit me up on Facebook. Thanks!

15. siggy

siggy The more I learn the dumber I become R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

I would never purchase one with so many proven options available. It would have to be a Ground Breaking System to overshadow the past failures.
    From a biz side to gain market share, be wiser to market under a new LLC for this. All you old guys will be screwed....My LFS has a couple new ones he has been trying to sell at half price for years.

Why-Me and WWIII like this.
  16. vetteguy53081

Im telling everyone....we need to file a Class action lawsuit for full refund and even double damages for value not received. To have Everyone fill out replacement forms a year ago and still no product, and this NEW supposed upgraded technology is now old as a year + has gone by. If they are still testing it, its an obvious failure while we sit back in limbo and like a bunch of fools.

[​IMG]

FirstContact, Why-Me and WWIII like this.
  17. Sleepydoc

Unfortunately, I doubt a class action suit would get very far. Since they sold the original units as beta units, vertex would simply argue that people knowingly bought them as such and therefore knowingly assumed the risks associated with a beta unit. IIRC, they did make statements that the hardware was final and they would make software upgrades, and they also did not clearly state that they were beta units at the very beginning, but shortly after that and before they shipped they did. I understand people’s frustration with it, but I think the legal case would be difficult. There’s nothing to stop you from filing an individual case in small claims court, however.

After they announced the cerebra but before they shipped and everyone was all abuzz, I remember pointing out I a post that these were beta units from a company new to the controller market. My point was poo-pooed by people, but unfortunately I was right.

I do find it interesting from a social perspective to see people’s responses. There is a small, die hard group of supporters that seems is still positive about the controller and the company, despite the history over the last 3+ years. Emotions aside, I don’t understand how one can reasonably take that positions, but we humans are emotional creatures. The post above about forming a new LLC is an interesting one. The problem with doing that is I’m not sure how they would swap out people’s original v1 units.

WWIII likes this.
  18. Sleepydoc

Double post

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  19. vetteguy53081

True on your statement and they are Taking advantage of that

20. FirstContact

FirstContact Active Member

I give up. I gave up a while ago. We’ve been down this path soooo many times before. I think Vertex might have to rebrand. I’d love the product to be successful; who wouldn’t. I’ve invested in GHL. Apex is great too. Had a classic. They say that some very successful people think only about their own well being and have no sense of others. It’s hard to make any kind of argument that Jason has given any kind of positive thought to the user base/forum community that bought into this.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    WWIII likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted