What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i waited a couple of months for stuff from em from a german shop , and then i finally get respond that they gone bankruptcy also notice there homepage was down
i am not sure if this is 100% true but was the answer i got and they will start over
Bingo!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have actual evidence of a lawsuit between SciTronix and Vertex? I just did a quick google search and found nothing. The only evidence I’ve seen is user comments in forums such as this, which are hearsay at best. Ditto the reports of bankruptcy.

There is an article in Reefbuilders that I’d seen before, but as I read it again, it does make it sound like the people at SciTronix were the actual developers of the Cerebra V1 and Vertex was a partner used for marketing/distributing. Who knows? At this point about the only thing that’s clear is that SciTronix is separate and Cerebra V2 is being developed independently from them. The other thing to keep in mind is that since V2 is completely new hardware and software, when it does ship it will likely be a beta unit again.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be a beta version, as vertex said on the forum that those of us with V1 will get first dibs on the accessories.

This has been a drag, feel bad for them at Vertex no matter what happend.
Glad I didn't fork out the kinda cash for the V1 like I did with the GHL line I run now.

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have actual evidence of a lawsuit between SciTronix and Vertex? I just did a quick google search and found nothing. The only evidence I’ve seen is user comments in forums such as this, which are hearsay at best. Ditto the reports of bankruptcy.

There is an article in Reefbuilders that I’d seen before, but as I read it again, it does make it sound like the people at SciTronix were the actual developers of the Cerebra V1 and Vertex was a partner used for marketing/distributing. Who knows? At this point about the only thing that’s clear is that SciTronix is separate and Cerebra V2 is being developed independently from them. The other thing to keep in mind is that since V2 is completely new hardware and software, when it does ship it will likely be a beta unit again.

Your sure can be right and its dangerous to spread lies but this is the answer i got from one of german largest shops
----------
Hello,

Vertex went in bankruptcy. No joke.
We ordered red pipes from an other manufacturer, but they didnt arrive yet.
For the white valves there is no real alternative.
There are white china valves on the market, but i wouldnt use them.
--------------

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Vertex went in bankruptcy. No joke.
We ordered red pipes from an other manufacturer, but they didnt arrive yet.
For the white valves there is no real alternative.
There are white china valves on the market, but i wouldnt use them.
--------------
Vertex has a new distributor in Europe
http://www.danireef.com/2017/12/21/vertex-de-jong-marinelife-distribuzione-europea/

Maybe there is no longer a need for a German office now that the product has a distributor in the Netherlands.

I'm sure this move would relieve them of an unnecessary tax burden. Would it not?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They (Vertex) are at least assembling the units currently in California. Beyond that, no real date for delivery is set. I'd be really surprised if the beta units don't get out within the next month or 2, but then again I've been wrong before. They've posted some pics of assembly and testing process taking place for the past week or so.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex has stated that they we're waiting on housing. I have asked many times about this and they have said they got it all and they have said yes they have the housing. Now they say they are still waiting for it. So many lies from Vertex!

Ehunforfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was a “beta tester” too, luckily one of the other testers bought me out for about what I paid for the unit in the first place. If not for all the poor souls still waiting for a working unit I’d give an actual review on the company/product.

I’m pretty sure it’s close to a full year of just waiting for the housing.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was a “beta tester” too, luckily one of the other testers bought me out for about what I paid for the unit in the first place. If not for all the poor souls still waiting for a working unit I’d give an actual review on the company/product.

I’m pretty sure it’s close to a full year of just waiting for the housing.
They have also made a comment that quality control won't be an issue as they own the factory in China. So we have been told they are waiting on housing multiple times then it turns out they hadn't started to make them.

Ehunforfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They must have just made a release announcement or something because some eBay listings just stated they are no longer for V1's but for the new V2's, no exchange necessary. Happy all the beta testers ride is hopefully coming to a close!

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, we got the message that the exchange has begun. Sent in my data and waiting to hear for the next steps.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back