What fish is this

mOUs3y

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried my best to search but for the life of me i couldn’t figure it out. any one know what fishy this is please?

F451215A-D0B6-46A4-984F-BAB0D89256AA.png

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I believe that is a starry night blenny. They are a close relative of the standard lawn mower blennies and are great for algae control.

OP
OP
mOUs3y

mOUs3y

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I got excited but i guess I'll have to pass on him/her cuz I really wanted to get a blue mandarin one day and I don't think they'll win in a fight.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a starry blenny so I'm not sure my experience matters, but I have a lawnmower blenny and a mandarin in my tank and there are no problems between them.

Unless I'm missing something why do you think you can't keep both the starry blenny and the mandarin?

OP
OP
mOUs3y

mOUs3y

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a starry blenny so I'm not sure my experience matters, but I have a lawnmower blenny and a mandarin in my tank and there are no problems between them.

Unless I'm missing something why do you think you can't keep both the starry blenny and the mandarin?
I thought because they look the same and they're both on the floor. Plus the blenny moves way faster than the mandarin and i feel they might get punked lol.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought because they look the same and they're both on the floor. Plus the blenny moves way faster than the mandarin and i feel they might get punked lol.
I believe that they are dissimilar enough. How big is your tank? I'd there's enough room for territory for both of them it shouldn't be an issue, especially since they have different diets I believe.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure, but I've never had an issue so far with them and from what I've read lawnmower are one of the more aggressive blennies. I actually have a lawnmower and midas blenny along with the mandarin and no aggression between any of them, although maybe I've just been lucky so far. My tank is a 125g so not huge but big enough for those 3 fish to have their territories.

OP
OP
mOUs3y

mOUs3y

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that gives me hope. hmm... i guess if i get a starry i shouldn't pair the mandarins then huh? my DT is 108g. man wondering if i shoulda went 133g now :/

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that gives me hope. hmm... i guess if i get a starry i shouldn't pair the mandarins then huh? my DT is 108g. man wondering if i shoulda went 133g now :/
I only have a single mandarin but as I understand it with the size of your tank if it has plenty of pods two mandarins shouldn't be an issue either as long as they're one male and one female.

OP
OP
mOUs3y

mOUs3y

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a single mandarin but as I understand it with the size of your tank if it has plenty of pods two mandarins shouldn't be an issue either as long as they're one male and one female.
I was going to seed with pods and a fuge probably to save money but then i found out about penny and she said don't feed pods cuz she trained them with PE mysis???

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three fish that size in 108g seems more than reasonable to me

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ones that are eating mysis is best but you pay more for them. Hey I just went to the link and saw that multiple females can be kept together. I've been in this hobby for quite a while and I still learn something new all the time.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back