What Fish would you add next?

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Midas Blenny? They're pretty cool.. Are you looking for a working fish or just an ornamental one?

OP
OP
Chrisss

Chrisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Midas Blenny? They're pretty cool.. Are you looking for a working fish or just an ornamental one?

I actually totally forgot about the Midas Blenny, that might be a good pick also. Love the way they swim. And I'm just looking for ornamental ones, only thing I have in the tank is some hair algae here and there but that gets siphoned once a week since my yellow tang wont touch the stuff

The redline and leopard wrasse are big-time consumers of pods, so will make it difficult on a mandarin. In an 80g.

In that size tank a yellow tang will go after a longnose butterfly. And while the butterfly's spines provide a good defense, the frequent stress of aggression from the yellow tang can lead to the quick demise of the butterfly.

Fairy and flasher wrasses are a great choice.

A group of zebra and scissortail dartfish are much more active than their firefish cousins.

@eatbreakfast Do you think that just the longnose butterfly would be bothered by the Yellow Tang or all butterfly fish?
Since there are actually a pretty good amount of butterflys that are very pretty

@eatbreakfast thanks for the answer. I knew someone would chime in who knew more than myself ;)

I will say my ornate leopard used to only eat pods. Took him months to start eating frozen food. Now that he eats frozen, I think he’s become lazy and I haven’t seen him pick pods off the rocks for weeks.

PS. Thanks for this thread. I have a 75G and was debating adding more fish myself :)

My Leopard wrasse was eating brine shrimp day 2 and now hes taking a share of the Nori from my nori clip because my Red-line wrasse always eats from it. Was actually super suprised, my red-line wrasse hide in the sand for 3 weeks and didn't eat nori till about 6 months

Anthias are always fun to watch and they school. You can get 3-4 small ones. I would suggest lyretail anthias.

Looked more into Anthias the other day and they are an amazing fish, if I find a way to feed them 2x+ a day I actually might just pick these and the Jawfish.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually totally forgot about the Midas Blenny, that might be a good pick also. Love the way they swim. And I'm just looking for ornamental ones, only thing I have in the tank is some hair algae here and there but that gets siphoned once a week since my yellow tang wont touch the stuff

@eatbreakfast Do you think that just the longnose butterfly would be bothered by the Yellow Tang or all butterfly fish?
Since there are actually a pretty good amount of butterflys that are very pretty

My Leopard wrasse was eating brine shrimp day 2 and now hes taking a share of the Nori from my nori clip because my Red-line wrasse always eats from it. Was actually super suprised, my red-line wrasse hide in the sand for 3 weeks and didn't eat nori till about 6 months

Looked more into Anthias the other day and they are an amazing fish, if I find a way to feed them 2x+ a day I actually might just pick these and the Jawfish.
I think a yellow tang an an 80g will take issue with any laterally compressed fish, tangs, butterflies, angels, etc.

Back