What happened to my nem?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a while now my black widow bta has been on the back of my rock structure, right beside the overflow in the left corner but near the bottom of the tank. My clowns haven’t really done anything with it, I’ve just been giving them time to figure it out. Yesterday I turned the flow on both my return pump and my mp10 to see if he would at least come out to a visible location. He did just that, but he’s completely mangled! What could have happened, and is there a way to save him?
Picture is from a top down angle

Nitrates at 2ppm, 0 ammonia

IMG_7225.jpeg
 
It’s at a point where it is pretty much decomposing and breaking down it seems.

Was it healthy before today?

Do you have any pictures?
 
It’s at a point where it is pretty much decomposing and breaking down it seems.

Was it healthy before today?

Do you have any pictures?
Yes it was, this is a screenshot of a video i took on April 25. That’s the most recent I have of it because it moved farther down the back side of my structure like i mentioned. I wondered if the flow was bothering it so that’s why I turned it down yesterday, but it still looked healthy at that point still.
IMG_7228.png
 
Update: he seems to have moved to the top of that rock, so he’s alive, but as you can see in very bad shape. Looks like most of his tentacles are missing and he’s just in general torn up. This wouldn’t have anything to do with the watanabei angel (juvenile female) I added last week would it? I thought they were completely reef safe
IMG_7244.jpeg
IMG_7245.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new