What is this? Snail leftovers?

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Location
Beaufort
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this yesterday I do have some astrea snails and I have a hermit crab that I know likes to munch on the dead ones. I also have a snowflake clown and an orange one, don’t know how to spell the other name for them, and a coral beauty . Just wanted to see if anybody has seen something like this before. it’s the little yellow thing in the picture.

E1B2C6ED-F708-4873-92B8-B5D82EDB453F.jpeg
 
You need to get a better closeup. Is it calcareous, soft squish or leathery? Dies it have feet?

help us help you by providing mire details.
 
Look like yellow sponge to me, or tunicate fall off of LR
 
You need to get a better closeup. Is it calcareous, soft squish or leathery? Dies it have feet?

help us help you by providing mire details.
its not a live I think it is one of my sponges that fell off a LR since I had a huge one look like diatoms were taking over it.

8455EC50-7104-476F-9CAE-941D4105B47C.jpeg
 
Sponges are very common on live rock. They are excellent water filters. Some are quite beautiful. First picture shows an orange bryozoan with a yellow sponge just to its right.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new