What kind of snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Cookeville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking of buying some more snails for my tank to help keep the glass a little bit cleaner. No I'm not using it as a method to get me out of water changes and manually cleaning it just in case any were wondering lol. I was wondering what kind of snails would be effective in doing that? Could I throw a few in my sump and let them eat all the stuff in there? I have a 30 gallon tank with a 5 gallon sump. My live stock include the following-

x4 cerith snails
x4 blue hermit crabs
Cleaner shrimp
Sailfin tang
x2 clownfish
Emerald crab
 
You might want to think about adding a few Trochus snails. These things are absolute workhorses IME. They're also known to reproduce in our tanks as well.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+526+564&pcatid=564

Btw, your tank is WAY to small for that Sailfin tang. Unless your planning on upgrading soon, you might want to find it a new home.
How many trochus snails would be good for my tank? And yes I know it's not exactly the ideal tank size for the tang but for the time being he is alright. He behaves normally and eats well and hangs out with his clownfish friends on the right side of the tank anyways.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new