What lighting setup does Dana run?

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pure curiosity, does anyone know what @Dana Riddle runs on his tank?
Uno.jpg

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I saw you were testing them. Didn't realize you were actually running them on your tank. Do you happen to have thoughts on how many Uno's you'd run on a 72x24x24?
I apologize - that chart is for the Duo Extremes on the 120. The Uno is on a 90. I have 12 other lights lined up for evaluation, and I get mixed up sometimes. I think you would need 6 Duos on a 72" tank. Probably 8 Unos. Again, my apologies.
That chart shows spectral qualities only, and doesn't demonstrate intensity. The Duo Extremes are 9" above the water surface, and peak intensity at the sand bed is a PAR value of 320. DLI is about 7.

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize - that chart is for the Duo Extremes on the 120. The Uno is on a 90. I have 12 other lights lined up for evaluation, and I get mixed up sometimes. I think you would need 6 Duos on a 72" tank. Probably 8 Unos. Again, my apologies.
That chart shows spectral qualities only, and doesn't demonstrate intensity. The Duo Extremes are 9" above the water surface, and peak intensity at the sand bed is a PAR value of 320. DLI is about 7.
No need to apologize, I'm appreciative of your feedback! I'm in an absolute toss-up of what luminere solution to go with for this new build and every little tid bit of info certainly helps.

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi dana, with that setup, you probably have over 400 par on your sps if they are in the middle of your tank ?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 42 40.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back