WHAT MAKES YOU WANT TO BUY AN ACRO??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have just r3cently gotten into acros over the last year and a half and I love them all. I really wish the newer releases were more affordable for such small frags but there are plenty of beautiful pieces to be had that are cheap and grow quickly

If you ever see any pieces you're interested in and want to pick up a couple shoot us a message I can always make you a bundle deal! ;)

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Price(including shipping) is a factor right now and historical popularity. By that I mean I’d much rather have a classic than the next “Blackbeard Rises Tenius”. Color doesn’t have to pop as I run a white tank. Give me any of the following (my dream list):

ORA Pearl Berry

ORA German Blue

Oregon Tort

Pink Setosa

Green Slimer

Garf Bonsai

Tyree Red Dragon

OG Purple Monster

Tyree Pink Lemonade

Shades of fall

Palmers Blue Milli

ORA Hawkins

Greg Hillers Aquamarine Jewel

Ice fire Enchinata

Palleta Pink Tip

Z’s Blue Floyd

Very solid list!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When my wife says “That costs too much”, that is the one I want.

seems legit schitts creek GIF by CBC

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i think acro's are beautiful to look at and they are not easy to raise i am finaly getting a idea how to grow them so beautiful to me they are amazing corals

It is definitely rewarding once you get your tank dialed in and your acros are starting to take off!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What was one of the other new Millis you guys had online a couple months ago? Wasn't there one called Orange Matrix or something like that? I remember that one being nice

The Orange Matrix is actually a Spath. Super cool piece for sure!!

51383661790_571a7f90d8_b.jpg

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That one is awesome! Will it be back on the site again and how long have you had it? I've heard Spath can be harder to keep than Milli, not sure if that's true.

It is a really cool piece. We are letting it grow a little more before cutting frags again, but hopefully in the next month or so. Spaths are a bit more sensitive that Millis. They can be much less tolerant to parameter sings. You want to make sure your system is stable.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a really cool piece. We are letting it grow a little more before cutting frags again, but hopefully in the next month or so. Spaths are a bit more sensitive that Millis. They can be much less tolerant to parameter sings. You want to make sure your system is stable.
How long have you guys had it ?

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to say what so many people actually do: If i am successful, how much money can i make fragging it and selling it? It is a shame that this is a primary driver..but who am i to judge?
ROI is higher on expensive stuff. Besides the cost of acquiring the frag, they basically cost the same (per species) to grow out. The hobby isn't cheap, and we have to support our habit somehow! That being said, I grow and appreciate a lot of classic SPS (much of which would sell for hundreds per inch if it were new to the hobby), but also love the so-called "high-end" stuff, and not just to sell at some point.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main reason for recent love for acros is the small movements in the polyps. Don't get me wrong long waving torches, gonis, pulsing xeina or even GSP is fun to watch, but something about that small movement up-close is neat to me.

As for colors I really like "multi" colored versions. Like my vivid confetti. the base is green, but it is red. I one day want a splice, but after I hit the jackpot.
Agreed! As a stick-head, I also love the subtle flow of tiny polyps in the flow, as well as the satisfaction of watching a tank fill out over time filled with colonies.

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the color where to put the acro some can be put up real high in the water colum some a little lower most of all it's the challange of just growing them i just love the way they look lost my first year my LFS i was using could have been better at first i bought saltwater from them easy for me nothing grew they don'tell me i need some alk and calcium the flow of water was to strong for the acros that needed the calcium to get the skin harder i have a mixed reef i am now for the first time my acros are starting to grow from brown to a nice shade of green can't say i have it down pat but i will not giving up on the acros much harder to care fr then lps but you put the time in learning slowly started this when i turned 67 now i will be 69 in a few months you need the correct LFS to guide you at first it cost me 7k for a hard lesson but lesson well learned

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back