What qualities do you view as being most important in Reefing?

What qualities do you view as being most important in Reefing? (Select 3)

• Total voters
OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! Up to a little over 300 voters on this, would love to see what the results from 500 (or even 1000 reefers) would be!

casey012293

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Patience, planning, support.

Patience because slow adjusting keeps things stable so coral will grow and so that you don’t over adjust too quick. The ugly phases can be miserable but not if you’re patient.

Planning allows to you be strategic in what to add next and how to do it without throwing off the balance of the ecosystem. You’re able to meet your goals at lower cost and lower risk by planning. Plan your cleanup crew and fish to solve your problems. Plan to get rid of algae by planning a water changes or planning to grow it in a sump out of the display on purpose. Plan how to create your aquascape as a habitat that looks great, plan how to lay out your corals to reduce warfare and allow for great growth, plan how to add the fish for success and less aggression, the list goes on.

Support so you can figure out what to do when something goes wrong or when you need help planning your next moves strategically. This can be Reef2Reef, Reddit, Google, a mentor, the LFS, etc.

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knowledge. How many times do we see posts .... myself included... when a little Google beforehand would prevent problems.... help! Emergency! Etc.... dont go buy a butterfly or mandarin and then scream.bloody murder that your fish is starving.... RESEARCH!!!!! HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back