What should I do with my GMK Zoa?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run about a 50%blue to 50% white ratio using brs reccomended settings for my particular lamp. No filters or adjustments made taking those pix in pro mode. Just really good true to life GMK photos to best of my abilities at the time.
Gmk is a true stunner in any light and camera settings I have found.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried googling to see what the fuss was over. Pictures of 15 different zoas showed up all claiming to be GMK. This is why I don't buy or condone all these named coral.
I mean to be fair GMK is a VERY popular zoa and its pretty hard to misidentify. Same with many of the other big name zoas. Its usually the more common zoas that have a million names. If youre wondering what GMKs look like this is a picture of mine.

InShot_20220116_195941165.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried googling to see what the fuss was over. Pictures of 15 different zoas showed up all claiming to be GMK. This is why I don't buy or condone all these named coral.
I've tried many named zoas now none have lived up to the hype. Being a shroom guy im kinda biased towards zoas. Same thing here with these zoas here in comparison to high end collector shrooms. Gmk zoas shine bright in my system in any light settings, make babies like crazy and would consider them to be collectors choice among collectors zoas over other high dollar collector zoas I have. True gems no doubt.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried many named zoas now none have lived up to the hype. Being a shroom guy im kinda biased towards zoas. Same thing here with these zoas here in comparison to high end collector shrooms. Gmk zoas shine bright in my system in any light settings, make babies like crazy and would consider them to be collectors choice among collectors zoas over other high dollar collector zoas I have. True gems no doubt.
Its just like any other coral. Some are hyped up with filters and lights but theres still some pretty incredible ones when you know what to look for. Exospheres are one of my favorites and look great under any light.
InShot_20220116_180515322.jpg

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
anyone have any ideas how much gmks go for in this forum per polyp? .... i have some as well but i am always so scared of killing them (I have melted a GMK before from a 2 week vacation)

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suppose it depends on what market you are in. I have 2 x 10 polyp frags of speckled Krakatoas listed for sale locally with direct lineage to CB for $100. No interest at all. But I'm in a tiny market. I may end up having to sell a prtty rare coral for less than 10 bucks a polyp. Or, I may jist put them all in my office tank instead... probably that.

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suppose it depends on what market you are in. I have 2 x 10 polyp frags of speckled Krakatoas listed for sale locally with direct lineage to CB for $100. No interest at all. But I'm in a tiny market. I may end up having to sell a prtty rare coral for less than 10 bucks a polyp. Or, I may jist put them all in my office tank instead... probably that.
Speckled kraks and grand master kraks are 2 completely different zoas 1010552-01.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back