What the heck is this !?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahiggins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
3,397
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help! What is this coming out of the "mouth" of my torch!?!
It was totally fine and extended 5 min ago!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
Looks like poop

Also please refrain from using bad words I'm not a mod but it's kinda a rule we have kids
 
Last edited:
It just looks so weird....it's like a dark purple and it's all sucked in. Apparently the current took it away because it's not attached anymore.
 
Since i lowered the intensity of my lighting, mine doesn't do it as often. not sure if that actually had any effect or not.
 
Aww I run 14k LEDs. And he's in the bottom of my 25 cube. He's not right under it either. I don't think there's a way to turn down the intensity.
Wish I had more blues though.
 
its most likely a non issue. I put mine in and the second day it did that right after peak intensity. next day same thing. then nothing fora couple days, reduced my lighting and havent seen it happen at all.

how long has it been in your tank?
 
As long As it blows back up you should be fine if it stays shriveled it start to worry :-)
 
Mine does that from time to ttime
 
My hammer and torch poop as well. I've seen some long strands too, up to 8 inches long.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new