What to do? Skimmer Vs. pre-filter box?

AlexR9364

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2022
Messages
64
Reaction score
47
Location
Birmingham UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently had to change my tank and it comes with a built in sump.
However, this sump is spaced oddly and came with this sort of trickle/floss filter area.
Now I can either leaves as is with the live rock and my smaller Tunze skimmer in a seperate chamber, however I know the Tunze doesn't pull out as much crap as I would like.
Or I can take the trickle mechanism out, shuffle the live rock around and throw in my Bubble Curve 7 skimmer, which does a fantastic job at pulling all the nasty out. My main concern with this though, is there is no larger filter sock/floss to catch the bigger bits of detritus and so on.
I would appreciate peoples thoughts. It is currently just a FOWLR tank of just over 100 gallons, but looking to add coral end of Feb.
Coral is currently in another tank undergoing 76 day quarantine post ich breakout.


(BTW I know the heater is red in the first pic, it has now had a circulation pump added as it wasn't getting enough flow.)

20250127_150601.jpg 20250127_150613.jpg 20250127_150626.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new