What to do with this bubble coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ID-Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ID-Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2020
Messages
456
Reaction score
602
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I’ve had this bubble coral for about 8 months. I believe it to be a type of pearl bubble. In that span of time it has grown a lot. There used to be a couple inches between the glass and now it’s up against it. It’s starting to encroach towards a Setosa but it hasn’t seemed to sting it yet.

anyway I don’t have much experience with bubbles. This thing is about 10” across now. Can this be fragged? The base seemed similar to a wall hammer so I’m guessing there is a lot of risk trying to cut it.

any suggestions? It’s a cool piece but I’d rather not have a 14” bubble coral in another year. I didn’t realize they grew so fast.
7B69309C-0C4F-490B-9214-1D8FB66F446E.jpeg
 
So I’ve had this bubble coral for about 8 months. I believe it to be a type of pearl bubble. In that span of time it has grown a lot. There used to be a couple inches between the glass and now it’s up against it. It’s starting to encroach towards a Setosa but it hasn’t seemed to sting it yet.

anyway I don’t have much experience with bubbles. This thing is about 10” across now. Can this be fragged? The base seemed similar to a wall hammer so I’m guessing there is a lot of risk trying to cut it.

any suggestions? It’s a cool piece but I’d rather not have a 14” bubble coral in another year. I didn’t realize they grew so fast.
7B69309C-0C4F-490B-9214-1D8FB66F446E.jpeg
Perhaps someone will disagree, but they don't survive fragging well.
I returned to lfs for credit
 
First of all gorgeous tank! I agree with not fragging. Very risky. Maybe try to reposition it or new spot in the tank all together. I don’t see a huge bubble coral as a problem really. Especially with the prices the way they are right now. You could try to sell it on here or back to LFS like @Pistondog said. But either way you can’t go wrong. Good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new