What to do

Bkbear74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I baught an anemone Saturday and it just woknt stick it’s all over the place I tried to create spaces for it but it just won’t stick I turn my cross maker down tried to put it in less light or more light and just it happy it was happy Saturday but then next day it move this is it now any pointer what I can do not tryna lose this baby

image.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bkbear74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it dying or something and my water parameter are stable

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is your tank? what is your water chemistry and salinity? Condys like to be buried in the sand, dig a hole under direct light allow it to attached directly to the bottom pane of glass on the bottom give it moderate flow and see what happens. really an anemone needs an established tank of at-least 9 or 10 months old if not more. they are very hard to keep happy.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your reef been up, and fully cycled?

OP
OP
B

Bkbear74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is your tank? what is your water chemistry and salinity? Condys like to be buried in the sand, dig a hole under direct light allow it to attached directly to the bottom pane of glass on the bottom give it moderate flow and see what happens. really an anemone needs an established tank of at-least 9 or 10 months old if not more. they are very hard to keep happy.
Had my tank for 2 yrs and what not this my first anemone uhhhh salinity is 1.025 chemistry is good

Attachments

• 60548775568__C8EDBDF9-ADF4-400A-BDBA-A7392C6C4B49.MOV
    2.8 MB

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this tank for about 2 years exactly this is my first anemone

If all of your water parameters are right.

Like...

Phosphates and Nitrates, then a bta will roam until it finds a happy spot.

Also if your clowns have being hosted by it, a new bta can freak out for awhile.

Don't change the flow and leave it be, unless it starts to deteriorate.

OP
OP
B

Bkbear74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha
If all of your water parameters are right.

Like...

Phosphates and Nitrates, then a bta will roam until it finds a happy spot.

Also if your clowns have being hosted by it, a new bta can freak out for awhile.

Don't change the flow and leave it be, unless it starts to deteriorate.
I just went to my fish store and tested out my water everything checked out great still got the report card

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The image you posted looks like a Heteractis Crispa (Sebae anemone). They like to stick their foot into a crevice of a rock. The creative needs to be big enough for the entire foot to fit into and protect its sides.

Try moving your rock structure so that you have a corner of 3 walls. It will take a bit for it latch on due to the water flow. it will constantly detach and love if you don’t provide it with the right amount of flow, light and foot safety.

Just make sure its tentacles are sticky and that it can hold onto food to feed itself once it takes hold somewhere, Like a pellet or single mysis shrimp.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it dying or something and my water parameter are stable

In my opinion, Sebaes are one of the hardest anemones to acclimate into captivity. I don’t have long term (over one year) success with them. They will start to foul and stink up your water really bad. That is the first indicator that it’s dying. Like rotten seafood smell. Then it just breaks apart.

This image below was # 3/4 that did not make it long term. I had this one for over 5 months.

3C8932B2-609E-4C52-85E6-3BEB076FDFDA.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we need to ask what species of nem this is. We have one answer about condy's, one about BTA's, and one about sebae. I cant really tell from the pic.

OP
OP
B

Bkbear74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, Sebaes are one of the hardest anemones to acclimate into captivity. I don’t have long term (over one year) success with them. They will start to foul and stink up your water really bad. That is the first indicator that it’s dying. Like rotten seafood smell. Then it just breaks apart.

This image below was # 3/4 that did not make it long term. I had this one for over 5 months.

3C8932B2-609E-4C52-85E6-3BEB076FDFDA.jpeg
Wow that a big one what u think is the
I guess we need to ask what species of nem this is. We have one answer about condy's, one about BTA's, and one about sebae. I cant really tell from the pic.
seabae

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back