What's for dinner?

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are all the cooks at here? What is your favorite dish to cook? What are you making tonight for dinner?

I am making a bacon meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and brussels sprouts
Favorite personal dish: any single pan items finished with a pan sauce. Tonight was frenched chicken leg, spring tatoes' and asparagus with a garlic fenugreek pan sauce. I can cook better than I reef that's for sure haha.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't dish much, but I do BBQ. 1/2 fillet skin down until the fat starts to roll out like cream. (10-18 minutes depending on the humidity and the thickness of the fish. Sometimes longer if it was trophy fish or if the company likes it "well-done" done.)
My wife makes creamed corn to go on the side. Fantastic.

I just tried making Yorkshire pudding. first trial was ok, next time should be a bit closer to what I was aiming for. But that's a muffin pan, maybe not exactly a dish? :)

On Fire Burn GIF by Searchlight Pictures

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried making Yorkshire pudding. first trial was ok, next time should be a bit closer to what I was aiming for. But that's a muffin pan, maybe not exactly a dish? :)

Think of Yorkshire pudding more like a custard.. Screaming hot roasting pan, hot fat and then add the batter (it should look like a thin pancake batter) It should sizzle when you add it in. I am not a fan of making it in muffin pan as it never comes out right.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm simple just steam some crab legs for a few minutes and I'm set for my favorite meal. I sadly don't get them very often because my wife hates the smell and refuses to taste them. My kids like when mom goes out of town because they know it means we're eating crab legs.

However tonight I made taco salads, and spaghetti for the kids.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left over baked ham and homemade scalloped potatoes from last night. My wife makes the BEST scalloped potatoes! I already ate all of the deviled eggs. I think she also made something green, but I didn't pay too much attention.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of Yorkshire pudding more like a custard.. Screaming hot roasting pan, hot fat and then add the batter (it should look like a thin pancake batter) It should sizzle when you add it in. I am not a fan of making it in muffin pan as it never comes out right.
Thanks for the tip on the custard!

LOL @Auquanut - "Something green." (Save that for the Tangs :p.)

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite Recipe (only cook it maybe twice a year), Enjoy

Marinade (Basically a Bourguignon)

3 cups dry red wine

2 cups strong beef stock

1/4 cup Cognac (or good quality brandy)

1 large yellow onion (chopped into large pieces)

2 carrots (peeled and cut into 2-inch-long pieces)

3 cloves garlic (crushed and chopped)

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 teaspoon dried rosemary

10 black peppercorns

3 whole cloves

1 allspice berries

1 dried bay leaf

Mix this crap together and let the venison sit in it over night. Then throw out everything except the deer.

*Cast iron sear the venison then finish in the oven. While it is resting make the sauce. You might need to bring the venison back to temp if you don’t like ambient meat. Or you can pre slice thin and use the sauce to heat.

The sauce is a traditional French “steak sauce”

Red Wine Reduction (Marchand de Vin)

• 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 2 tbsp. chopped shallots
  • 2 cups demi-glace
  • Optional: kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Steps to Make It

1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the wine and shallots. Heat until the liquid boils, lower the heat a bit and continue simmering until the liquid has reduced by three-fourths.
  2. Add the demi-glace, then lower heat to a simmer, and reduce for about 5 minutes.
  3. Strain through a mesh strainer, season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back