What's on the agenda today?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scraped the glass today. I think I'm going to have to invest in something with a sharper edge, that was more work than anticipated. Tank sure looked nice after I was done, though!

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What scraper are you using now? What size tank do you have?

50 gallons. I have the IM magnetic glass cleaner that came with the tank, a Tunze Care Magnet (nano), and one of those Flipper hand scrapers that use credit card style blades. The IM magnet is good for light cleaning and even though the Tunze said it was good for glass up to 10mm it's not strong enough which is a shame. I'm always worried about scratching the glass, but all this plastic stuff isn't great when the glass gets really crusty!

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These work well!!
F318440C-5EE5-4A7C-9C25-EA94723B7910.png

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These work well!!
F318440C-5EE5-4A7C-9C25-EA94723B7910.png

Funny, I had my eye on those. I know it had been a week or two since I broke out the scraper, but particularly at the end facing the powerhead the buildup took some serious effort to remove.

The 10g nano is almost worse. There isn't any room to maneuver in there. I might try the Tunze in that tank. Gotta keep the glass clean so I can see my porcelain crab's smiling face!

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone up to today??
While I'm still waiting for my PCR results, today is maintenance day!

Prepping a 15g water change on the 110 and gonna try like the Dickens to set up my GHL 4e. Everything is in German, and I don't spreken... So lots of videos for me.
20211127_111243.jpg

Then upgrading my old gyre wavemaker on the 55 to the Maxspect 4k I won from @Zoanthids !
20211127_110933.jpg

Then sorting out old junk I can toss and listing things that still work work, but I upgraded.
Be like a man. We don't read instructions. We just wonder why we have parts left

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the tank .I've just about finished making 50 litres of rodi water so can start mixing salt tonight then tommorrow do weekly wc.thats about it,will test parameters tommorrow just before wc then test again the day after wc.

Other than that just finished our tea ( was sausage casserole and mash potatoes and mashed suede/ carrots.
And watching Shrek 4 on TV with little one and after she goes to bed will ask the Mrs to help me get wood and foam out the loft and tommorrow start building my Christmas Village I used to do ( not done for last 2 years as scared little one would destroy it ) but she 4 now so hopefully listens when say don't touch its not a toy.but with all the singing and dancing and flashing lights im sure she won't be able to resist to touch it lol.
Here is 2 attempt I did 2 and 3 years ago,I make it different each year and takes around 2 weeks at roughly 5 hours a day to complete it,so im hoping can do it before go on holiday on 8th December which I think is less than 2 weeks now but we shall see ^_^

Where is Beetle Juice?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back