What's the wierdest thing you've fed you fish?

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'll start. My LFS owner has fed his french angel some pizza from pizza hut, it tore it up. Just curious as to what you may have fed your fish!

I've fed my gobies, a piece of mcdonalds french fry and some pork from a wonton. It was mainly out of curiosity but i will tell you this, when i put the tiny pieces of pork in the tank, every fish in there, yellow coris, bi-color blenny and my gobies went in a last man standing wrestling match to get every last piece.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
I'm sure everybody knows that stuff is not good for them especially the greasy french fry!

AussieLordfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol pizza? Well my cichlids, I've threw in bees,wasps, but they didn't like it much. But you shouldn't feed warm blooded animal food to your fish though. It's not good for their health.

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've fed a cichlid tank with crickets that we would find under stumps. A good friend of mine sacrificed his estranged g-friend's hamster to his pirhanna tank. He was tired of the little rodent keeping him up all night running in that drat wheel. The bottom of the tank was littered with little rodent bones.

Yuck.

exspecialle

Aquasavant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i once had 6 little red bellied pirahna. I fed them hot dog, balonee,and a pinkie. crickets, a betta and one of thosebig fat fantail goldfish with the bubble eyes

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have an Oscar tank. In addition to his regular food of feeder goldfish, I fed him some of those ornamental goldfish a few times. You know, the ones with the bug eyes, or huge bubble sacs attached to their faces . . . that was nasty. He also routinely ate insects that escaped from my chameleon cage (mostly crickets, though occasional grub worms).

Blemo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My true passion is high end fancy goldfish, who often do very poorly on commercial goldfish diets, so I have to make fresh gel food for them. My recipies can contain everything from spray dried chlorella to garlic and various herbs.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back