What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds more like it can be lengthened or shortened to me...
Yes - thats what I meant by 'up and down'...... In other words - its shorter than the required distance - than can be jacked up to provide support in that area thats sagging - I ASSUME - it can then also be shortened when/if one wants to take down the stand

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes that's what red sea does to their customer's emotions.
This kind of goes to your motivation in this thread right? Are you a customer? Believe me - as a customer - I'm royally 'angry'. I think its poor at best - and almost ignoring concerns at worst. But-Most. RedSea customers are 'happy' their emotions are 'not being affected' - and apparently the incidence of the problem is far less than 1% - Now -who knows what might happen as newer tanks are in use - IDK - but come on. Stop piling on

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kind of goes to your motivation in this thread right? Are you a customer? Believe me - as a customer - I'm royally 'angry'. I think its poor at best - and almost ignoring concerns at worst. But-Most. RedSea customers are 'happy' their emotions are 'not being affected' - and apparently the incidence of the problem is far less than 1% - Now -who knows what might happen as newer tanks are in use - IDK - but come on. Stop piling on

I know the situation sucks but I couldn't care less if it were Red Sea, Waterbox, or KIA. My motivation for making this post was the shady games being played by Red Sea and their facebook page fan boys.

I'm an owner of Red Sea. 525xl, 20g Max Nano, Waterbox 230.6, and some custom Reef Savvy tanks. I have no skin in this game. Yes I'm a jokester. Yes it sucks, but being pis sed off growing grey hairs isn't going to get you anywhere.

Hell I'm even looking into the new 900xl being released. There is no hatred toward any company. Every company has flaws, its how they handle the issue i'm more concerned about. If it bothers you that much, just avoid this thread. Just don't come in here asking for a bathing suit later on cause I'm not sending you one! ;):p

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the situation sucks but I could care less if it were Red Sea, Waterbox, or KIA. My motivation for making this post was the shady games being played by Red Sea and their facebook page fan boys.

I'm an owner of Red Sea. 525xl, 20g Max Nano, Waterbox 230.6, and some custom Reef Savvy tanks. I have no skin in this game. Yes I'm a jokester. Yes it sucks, but being pis sed off growing grey hairs isn't going to get you anywhere.

Hell I'm even looking into the new 900xl being released. There is no hatred toward any company. Every company has flaws, its how they handle the issue i'm more concerned about. If it bothers you that much, just avoid this thread.
Do you actually mean “you couldn’t care less”?

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was emailed yesterday by a Red Sea rep that said the new part will be in Australia first week November and he wanted to know which store I purchased my tank. So they are definitely following up.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was emailed yesterday by a Red Sea rep that said the new part will be in Australia first week November and he wanted to know which store I purchased my tank. So they are definitely following up.
My LFS said they should receive their 'fix parts' yesterday - and will come out and install it on my tank in a day or two.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hell I'm even looking into the new 900xl being released. There is no hatred toward any company. Every company has flaws, its how they handle the issue i'm more concerned about. If it bothers you that much, just avoid this thread. Just don't come in here asking for a bathing suit later on cause I'm not sending you one! ;):p

FWIW - I have no problem with the thread - I just disagreed with the comment you made about Red Sea and the ups and downs of their customers emotions and the implication that they don't care- and (since I don't believe thats true) I commented on that particular statement. FWIW 2 - I dont get the bathing suit reference:). FWIW 3 - I think I've posted a lot of useful information vis a vis the problem and Red Sea's response (which I got from the company directly), FWIW 4 'could care less' and 'couldn't care less' are equally valid ways to say 'I don't care' - https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/could-couldnt-care-less

So at least we all learned something:)

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW - I have no problem with the thread - I just disagreed with the comment you made about Red Sea and the ups and downs of their customers emotions and the implication that they don't care- and (since I don't believe thats true) I commented on that particular statement. FWIW 2 - I dont get the bathing suit reference:). FWIW 3 - I think I've posted a lot of useful information vis a vis the problem and Red Sea's response (which I got from the company directly), FWIW 4 'could care less' and 'couldn't care less' are equally valid ways to say 'I don't care' - https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/could-couldnt-care-less

So at least we all learned something:)

I feel as if "couldn't care less" is actually a stronger expression than "could care less". The latter meaning is that I care enough that I have the ability to care less. Where as the former means I care so little I do not have the ability to care any less. Kind of like dumb and dumber. Their both dumb, but one is clearly dumber.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel as if "couldn't care less" is actually a stronger expression than "could care less". The latter meaning is that I care enough that I have the ability to care less. Where as the former means I care so little I do not have the ability to care any less. Kind of like dumb and dumber. Their both dumb, but one is clearly dumber.

they're* both

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW 2 - I dont get the bathing suit reference:).

O trust me, you'll understand the reference if Red Sea doesnt hurry up with these fix it kits. ;)

BeneficialMeatyEagle-size_restricted.gif

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
O trust me, you'll understand the reference if Red Sea doesnt hurry up with these fix it kits. ;)

BeneficialMeatyEagle-size_restricted.gif
HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH that was funny. BTW - I'm actually thinking of asking for a new tank After all who's to say that this 'fix' will 'fix' the problem long term - based on what I have seen and the way its going to work - Im not at all sure that it won't cause more problems. So - I'm considering asking to return the 750 and just get one of the smaller ones as a replacement.

Ed Hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fix will be a piece of aluminum - that can be moved up and down - it can be installed without draining the water. It will impose on the accessibility of the sump. Some Stores will be getting it next week for their customers

Sounds like a fairly easy DIY fix could be done using aluminum or stainless turnbuckle hardware. By the way you're describing their "fix" it sounds like something similar. It would be completely adjustable and even removable. A couple very simple support brackets and a turnbuckle you can lengthen to provide support where there was none. Boom! Fixed!

Disclaimer: No dog in this fight. Just been watching the thread strictly out of curiousity.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back