What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in the end the Red Sea Facebook group admins should be ashamed of themselves. Instead of banning/muting anyone with an issue, they should have assisted with the claims. Isnt that the point of a hobby group? Instead they chose to save the image of Red Sea. Typical fan boy group move. In the end, after over a dozen people coming forward with issues, Red Sea finally admitted a design flaw.

The selfishness of the admins in that group could have led to more damaged homes, possible injuries or even a child being killed. Not to mentioned the poor live stock. I'm sure some of the issues could have been prevented already had they not deleted everything. Royal Dirtbags.
Is that Facebook page run by red sea themselves?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running since February this year, no issues whatsoever. I did read the instructions very carefully and put a good hour into leveling once the tank was on the stand. I’m also on a concrete slab. Still though I will definitely be putting in the modifications from Red Sea as soon as I get it.
Absolutely :) and from what I've read its around the 2 year mark that issues start to arise.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well in the end the Red Sea Facebook group admins should be ashamed of themselves. Instead of banning/muting anyone with an issue, they should have assisted with the claims. Isnt that the point of a hobby group? Instead they chose to save the image of Red Sea. Typical fan boy group move. In the end, after over a dozen people coming forward with issues, Red Sea finally admitted a design flaw.

The selfishness of the admins in that group could have led to more damaged homes, possible injuries or even a child being killed. Not to mentione the poor live stock. I'm sure some of the issues could have been prevented already had they not deleted everything. Royal Dirtbags.
We’re these employees of redsea or just people who were modding? Btw no matter what I don’t really agree with deleting something unless it violated a specific tos

Last edited:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running since February this year, no issues whatsoever. I did read the instructions very carefully and put a good hour into leveling once the tank was on the stand. I’m also on a concrete slab. Still though I will definitely be putting in the modifications from Red Sea as soon as I get it.

Improper Installation isn’t the issue. It’s a design flaw in the stand. A tank of this size placed on the stand provided will fail over time if the center brace isn’t installed.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Improper Installation isn’t the issue. It’s a design flaw in the stand. A tank of this size placed on the stand provided will fail over time if the center brace isn’t installed.
I have to admit the stand seemed very minimal when I built it. Originally I was planning on getting a custom tank built and building my own stand which would have been ‘slightly’ more sturdy.. a lot of people have commented on the flimsy RSR stands and for good reason as it turns out!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think once they get the center brace in there it will be completely fine. I don’t believe anybody is intentionally trying to be ugly with Red Sea, but this is a real issue and I’m glad to see them address it. This will put their nightmares to rest, but also protect everybody else.

I think the lesson for stand manufacturers going forward is to definitely hire a structural engineer.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think once they get the center brace in there it will be completely fine. I don’t believe anybody is intentionally trying to be ugly with Red Sea, but this is a real issue and I’m glad to see them address it. This will put their nightmares to rest, but also protect everybody else.

I think the lesson for stand manufacturers going forward is to definitely hire a structural engineer.

Oddly the less-expensive WaterBox lineup has a significantly better stand design. More focus on strength than on a larger sump, it appears. And a much larger ATO reservoir.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly the less-expensive WaterBox lineup has a significantly better stand design. More focus on strength than on a larger sump, it appears. And a much larger ATO reservoir.

yup I have been saying that. I was personally between the 230.6 and the 750XXL i went with RS as they where around longer did not feel like taking a chance on a newish company like WB but I did love there 3 compartment stand.

end the end I went with RS ans they had it in stock and could ship in a few days where WB was many months out.

in the end that did not matter as almost a year later it;s still new setting in my living room :(

I am very curious to see what they bring to the table as the fix. I hope it easy to do but at the same time fixing any problems.

oh I dont think WB is less expensive. they seem to be the same price point.

guessing we will know more in a cpl weeks.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was visited my LFS last week and Alan showed me that the front corner glass of his Red Sea was separating. He called the company. That’s not good advertisement at all!
Wow. I feel for y’all . What a pain to deal with!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the fix will be this piece in the photo of the v3?
Capture.PNG

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw that post. Along with the xl900. Seems awfully thin. Better be made of something solid lol..
The fix will be a piece of aluminum - that can be moved up and down - it can be installed without draining the water. It will impose on the accessibility of the sump. Some Stores will be getting it next week for their customers

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back