What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to end my comments here - by saying 1. reds has always answered quickly - and positively to any questions/concerns with my tank. 2). there are thousands of tanks out there from RedSea without any problems. I'm sorry to hear about the issues this poster has. 3). It's my understanding that this is not the forum for these types of complaints.
You mean the reef aquarium discussion forum isn't the right place to discuss a general reefing issue? This thread has been active for a while now. If you have an issue report it to the admins instead of telling everyone they are discussing an issue or situation incorrectly.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to end my comments here - by saying 1. reds has always answered quickly - and positively to any questions/concerns with my tank. 2). there are thousands of tanks out there from RedSea without any problems. I'm sorry to hear about the issues this poster has. 3). It's my understanding that this is not the forum for these types of complaints.
Why are you white knighting for Red Sea in every post of someone whose out of thousands upon thousands of dollars because Red Sea messed up?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If not on a forum of avid hobbyists and potential buyers, then where might this conversation be more appropriate? We know the RS FB forum is not the answer.
There is a vendor feedback forum on R2R - whereby the complaint and the answer are discussed - without the benefit of 100 people agreeing - and 100 people disagreeing. I think its the policy of the site

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You mean the reef aquarium discussion forum isn't the right place to discuss a general reefing issue? This thread has been active for a while now. If you have an issue report it to the admins instead of telling everyone they are discussing an issue or situation incorrectly.
There is a vendor feedback forum.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are you white knighting for Red Sea in every post of someone whose out of thousands upon thousands of dollars because Red Sea messed up?
I didn't say who was right or wrong - I.e. - Redsea or the poster... It's not my job - I merely stated that the post is probably best in the VENDOR FEEDBACK FORUM.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all knew the risk we were taking when we bought Red Sea beforehand and took them :grinning-squinting-face: if you didn't do any research beforehand you can't be helped haha

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all about the Benjamin’s baby. Can’t have the inmates biting the the hands that feed. Lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By the way - I'm not white-knighting anything. BTW - as far as I know - no one in the recent discussion is out a penny.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say who was right or wrong - I.e. - Redsea or the poster... It's not my job - I merely stated that the post is probably best in the VENDOR FEEDBACK FORUM.
A little late... this started 2019 and seems to have been fine with the mods for going on 4 years. Worse yet Redsea is still blowing chunks and providing some half baked solutions with people still commenting on the ongoing issues.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my reef builders article request, awaiting thread approval
Screenshot_20230321-153805_Samsung Internet.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little late... this started 2019 and seems to have been fine with the mods for going on 4 years. Worse yet Redsea is still blowing chunks and providing some half baked solutions with people still commenting on the ongoing issues.
Let's get it straight - I don't work for RedSea - nor R2R. The comment related to the poster recently - who had a problem - I suggested it was best for the Vendor feedback forum. That To my interpretation is according to the TOS of the site. This person is not commenting on an 'ongoing issue'. In fact - the issue was *supposedly* fixed with an upgrade which was provided free of charge from RedSea. This persons issue is NEW - on a tank which has not yet been reported that I have seen. Which is why I suggested it be reported - along with his drip video - on the appropriate forum. No more no less. And BTW - I agree with your sentiment - the enforcement of the TOS within the vendor forum is spotty. I was trying to help the person that reported his/her problem. I don't / didn't want to get into a pseudo-debate with REDSEA owners or REDSEA detractors. Best Wishes - hope this helps explain - since I must not have been clear earlier.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Reef Builders ever previously used the platform to hold companies accountable?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my reef builders article request, awaiting thread approval
Screenshot_20230321-153805_Samsung Internet.jpg
your tank is a goldfish bowl? Right? Where is the massive number you're talking about? Why is the company still in business?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has Reef Builders ever previously used the platform to hold companies accountable?
Why are you talking about reef builders?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, and I don’t think it’s likely they will/ $. I merely want them to review a developing trend in reefing. Nobody should convict red sea, maybe every single one of these owners is guilty of bad reef tank stand usage

but the trend is here, they should at least talk about its validity or non validity

if they do agree to at least mention this record number of split seams that will be very good and fair for the hobby. mention the breaks somehow, alert buyers. Let the readers determine who's at fault, but if people aren’t reading rtr they’re not knowing about the trend at all. That’s not fair for buyers in the market

readers at least should know you better get a Fort Knox quality stand or very very good insurance

apartment owners who live updates should immediately opt out of owning anything above a Red Sea nano tank, for obvious % risk reasons

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you talking about reef builders?
Why do you interject yourself into conversations you don't really even seem to care about?

If you are following the thread you would see why I mentioned Reef Builders.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you interject yourself into conversations you don't really even seem to care about?
My guess is they want these thread closed and by causing chaos and showing they bring no good to the members the threads will be closed. Or they really want to be a mod and are trying to get current mods to notice their efforts.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back