• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

What's your experience between LiveAquaria vs. Diver's Den?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, even though Diver's Den is part of LiveAquaria, they are not equals. Diver's Den is based in Wisconsin and I have toured its wonderful facility before, see my posts:
Corals Section
Invertebrates Section
Fish Section
I have order from Diver's Den many times before and they have always been a home run when it comes to packing, shipping, and the livestock satisfaction.
This is my first time ordering from LiveAquaria at the California facility, and I am a bit disappointed- see my experience on the LiveAquaria purchase on my blog here: http://bluemarineart.com/2015/10/live-aquaria-not-divers-den-order-experience/
Now I am interested to hear what does everyone has to say about their experiences between LiveAquaria's California shipment vs. the Wisconsin Diver's Den shipment. Please share!
Thanks!
Below is a shot of the inverts I got- the satisfying part of the order.
IMG_0619.jpg

reese.delahanty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the livestock at liveaquaria but divers den is closer so I pay less for shipping

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both only once. Diver's den livestock came in beautifully and exactly as pictured (I got fish, and inverts, no corals). Liveaquaria order came in fine (ordered 6 fish) but this was my experience with Brooklynella. I lost four of the six fish. I was able to save two with treatment, but the others were too far along. Now, I contacted LiveAquaria immediately and they gave me a refund and extended my warranty on the others through treatment. Very good service, and they said they would alert the husbandry staff. So, although I was very disappointed with the result of my fish, they handled it very well.

I confirmed Brook via microscope, so I know what I was looking at prior to the first death. I "skin scraped" the fish with the spot. She died within hours.

550jim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not bought from Divers Den yet but my one purchase of 8 small tangs from Liveaquaria has been a great experiance so far with all in quarentine tank doing well.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I don't understand is if they put more time and resources into the Divers Den livestock, how come they are the same price (Or sometimes even cheaper) then the normal Liveaquaria livestock? The only negative dealings I had with DD is that I have bought fish that were supposed to be paired up...., and paid a hefty premium for it....but when they arrived they wanted nothing to each with each other. I know they can't guarantee they pair up, but I'm pretty sure I was sent 2 male Bangai cardinals because they hated each other from the get go.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divers den is way better in my experience. Liveaquaria is no different then picking up fish locally really. Fresh out of the ocean livestock that should always be QT'd.
Biggest difference between the two besides that is selection. Divers den only lists certain fish and a lot of the time it's the same fish and corals on a constant cycle.
There's pro's and cons to both, but they're shipping hasn't been as good lately imo, at either place. It was 40° at night and lower-mid 50° the other day when I got my shipments from both LA And DD and both came with icepacks! DOH....

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divers den is way better in my experience. Liveaquaria is no different then picking up fish locally really. Fresh out of the ocean livestock that should always be QT'd.
Biggest difference between the two besides that is selection. Divers den only lists certain fish and a lot of the time it's the same fish and corals on a constant cycle.
There's pro's and cons to both, but they're shipping hasn't been as good lately imo, at either place. It was 40° at night and lower-mid 50° the other day when I got my shipments from both LA And DD and both came with icepacks! DOH....

Hmm,it may be because of where they where traveling through. I'm in DFW, Texas and today hit 94°, been high 80 to 90s consistently..

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm,it may be because of where they where traveling through. I'm in DFW, Texas and today hit 94°, been high 80 to 90s consistently..
But if it sits here for hours at 40°-50° wouldn't you put no cold pack? Thinking they'd even out. That's what I do....

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back