What's your favorite fish for eating bubble algae?

flowerqueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u feed a foxface after they wipe out all the algae in the tank? Mine has cleaned the whole tank in a week now I'm not sure what to feed him
I've had my Foxface for 2 1/2 years now. He's my Baby!!! He will eat out of my hand but must be careful of the Fins!!! He does eat anything but loves frozen Mysis, Brine or any frozen food! I thaw and feed with a turkey baster. He sucks on the end like a baby drinking from a Bottle! Lol my Desjardini Sailfin is the same except he's the Bully of the Tank!!! No injuries but charges everyone!! I have a 150 gal reef with lots of Fishies!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Magnificent Foxface does pick at algae in the tank, but can't say for sure I've seen him eat bubble algae. My gold rim tang however will absolutely devour bubble algae. I once put a small rock with zoas on it covered in bubble algae in my tank and it was completely cleaned of only the bubble algae within a minute.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if you noticed any negative effects from using the Vibrant product? Thank you

It got rid of the bubble algae in my 40 as well. Took about two months but my tank was spotless.
Negative effect is after that I thought I mastered the hobby and stopped using it. And three months later the tank was full of hair algae. Now I am back on the routine...

Lisa Maxwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been battling bubble algae for over two years - at times, I almost tore down my 75gal mixed reef. Despite all my efforts of controlling phosphate and DOM's, as well as physical removal, there were bubbles on everything! Emerald crabs really didn't do it for me and I prefer to no use harsh chemicals to correct underlying problems. However, after reading so many posts about the Fox Face Rabbit Fish, I bought one for my tank. That was 5 weeks ago. Yesterday, I found one bubble. This youngster rabbit fish cleaned up all the bubbles - even off of my circulation pumps. Finally, I have a bubble-free tank and a striking addition to my fish population. I would like to try hand feeding like "Flowerqueen" mentioned above.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Did you have any negative effects from the Vibrant?
Thank you

I never used it in my tank, but I put a little on my cereal every morning and not only does it keep crabs off of me, but I used to have a full head of hair.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found foxfaces to be excellent eaters of bubble and macro algae’s (also hair algae). Although you will need Atleast 4’x2’ of tank for these guys, I’ve had mine in my 4’ tank for two years now and he was bought at about 3.5” and has grown to Atleast 5” if not 5.5”. I have certainly found mine to be growing slowly to his max size. I have Siganus magnificus and to me these guys are VERY different to the other more common yellow foxfaces (Onespot and common). I say that because of both their colour and their personality, mine seems to perch much more than the yellows do and seems to be less of a swimmer and more of a perching fish. I have found most magnificent S to be like this and if you have a nice tank size for one, I recommend it! They can sometimes nip at Zoas although I find this to be in more of the “True” rabbitfish (Blue stripe, gold spot ect..).

steven m

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea sailfin and one spot foxface cleaned up my dt, only place left with bubble algae is in the overflow section. I don’t like emerald crabs because I saw one going mad eating my amaze balls Goni frag.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back