What's your go to filter media?

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
741
Reaction score
1,232
What state or country do you live in
New York
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year to everyone on R2R!

It is time to replace the filter media on my Evo 13.5 and was curious to what you use, or what you would use in this situation.

Mixed reef with everything.

Currently running carbon, filter floss, bio balls ( ceramic and plastic ) and a sponge

I have two in tank media baskets in chambers 1 and 2 -
 
For me : Chemipure Blue or Elite
 
Floss and as needed either GAC or ChemiPure Blue depending on phosphate levels.
 
Purgen and seagel (phosgaurd and carbon mix),

but am looking at cost effectiveness of seagel may be cheaper to run carbon phosgaurd seperatly.
 
Purgen and seagel (phosgaurd and carbon mix),

but am looking at cost effectiveness of seagel may be cheaper to run carbon phosgaurd seperatly.
I run a blend of rox carbon, gfo, and phosgaurd, all mixed together in an old chemipure nylon sock in my 120. Works well and I plan to use it in one of my 3 baskets in my 18" cubed aio nano. For media in 2 of the baskets I am going to run Eheim substrate pro sintered glass balls. I have the 2 baskets in the sump of my 120 conditioning them while I get the aio ready.
 
I run Green hair algea ,carbon , and a large spunge .

Phosphates .04
Nitrates. 1
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new