What's your oldest fish CURRENTLY?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns do seem to hold the longevity records. In my tank I’ve a number of fish that I acquired in a tank breakdown in early 2013. So, seven years under my care. Prior reefer claimed he had most for five years. So some of them are now pushing 12-13 years. Both tangs and clown pair look fine. Trio of PJ cardinals look a little worse for wear .... though they’ve been looking that way for a few years now.

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a very similar thread in the fall and it got no traction. Very happy to see yours did!

I have a pair of cinnamon clowns that I bought in September 2006... so at the time of this post they are 13 years, 4 months, in my possession. Who knows how old they were when I got them.

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns, a Royal Gramma, and a Coral Beauty that have been with me for 12 years. I have no idea how old they were when I got them.
Woah! You have a 12-year-old gramma!?

I’ve had a few in my years, one for 5&1/2 and when I searched for another that old, I only saw people reporting 3-4 years. That’s awesome!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah! You have a 12-year-old gramma!?

I’ve had a few in my years, one for 5&1/2 and when I searched for another that old, I only saw people reporting 3-4 years. That’s awesome!
He's looking pretty rough these days. I keep expecting to find him dead one morning.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! My blue tang is one of the first fish I got when I started my first tank in 1997. So I guess that makes him about 22 or so.

Thats awesome for a blue tang but not a big whoop for my fireclown as I think clownfish are the easiest fish by far and they are very hard to kill. But blue tangs are much more sensitive. We need this type of information if we ever want to know the lifespans of fish.

I don't remember ever keeping a tang over 10 years. I think I lost the old ones from jumping out like I lose most of my fish that don't die of old age. I may put a screen on at least the back of my tank where they jump. I lost a beautiful yellow wrasse last week by jumping.

I don't have a sump so I have a lot of equipment hanging back there.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fireclown behind the Hippo is about 28. His mate is maybe 20

That's crazy!

My oldest fish is my rosey scales wrasse, he's coming up on six years old. Bought him when he was a tiny thing, so he's probably not much older than that.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild clown 4 years 7 months - my first fish I ever bought :)

Attach97549_20181204_134745.jpg

Silly clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ocellaris clown is 22. She was tank raised and about 5-6 months old when I got her. First fish after the blue damsels I cycled my first tank with.

had a flame hawk make it to 19 years before jumping. The rest of my current fish are no more than 6 years.

my oldest corL I have had for 18 years (frogspawn). I have traded huge amounts of that coral to LFS over the years. Oops - i take that back. Just looked in my notebook - my umbrella leather I got in 1999, so 20+ years, but I only have pieces that it dropper, it the parent, so that doesn’t really count.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back