When’s a good time to evict a Yellow Clown Goby

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an amazing Yellow Clown Goby but lately he has been perching on my LPS and Zoas. His Favorite my Pectina .Haven't seen him ever pick but I’m wondering if he’s a ticking time bomb. As my Coral don’t really appreciate him being on there as they close up when doing so. What your take is time to Evict or would he have chewed everything up by now ?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an amazing Yellow Clown Goby but lately he has been perching on my LPS and Zoas. His Favorite my Pectina .Haven't seen him ever pick but I’m wondering if he’s a ticking time bomb. As my Coral don’t really appreciate him being on there as they close up when doing so. What your take is time to Evict or would he have chewed everything up by now ?
I have had 3 Clown Gobies with SPS, not once did they nip. They simply perched - your corals will eventually get used to it.

Clown gobies don’t nip at LPS as they don’t naturally host them. They nip at SPS if they’re nesting and even then, they usually only nip at the base or underside of the coral. I’d only evict him if you visually catch him nipping on the SPS.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 clown gobies, they just perch on various corals all day, it shouldn't bother the corals at all. They are excellent tenets in my tank I would never evict them.

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the reply , will give him some time and observe. Hopefully he is still a good citizen with time

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 day notice by mail, then a five day notice by a bonded officer of the court. But if the gobie decides to squat, it can be sometimes difficult to evict and cost you a lot of money in court costs.
So it may be prudent to see where this goes before action is taken.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back