When do I add chaeto to a new tank?

BitReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2020
Messages
216
Reaction score
190
Location
Edmond
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When should I add chaeto and start running my fuge? I don’t want to start to early and starve/kill it, but I don’t want to wait too long and give nuisance algae a foothold.

I’ve started a new 30g tank with a 10g sump/fuge. My nitrogen cycle is complete and has been for a few weeks. Total cycle time so far is 53 days. I have 3 fish (1 maroon clown, 2 pj cards), no coral, no cuc, no algae and no coraline. A tiny bit of diatoms on the sand just showed up.

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates around 5
Phosphate .03
 
How long ago did you add the fish, how often do you feed, and do you plan on adding anything else?
You can starting adding it, but don't be rushed to do so!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new