When to add a Nem???

How old was your tank when you added your nem??

  • 0-3 months

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-7 months

    Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 8-12 months

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Over a year

    Votes: 1 16.7%

  • Total voters
    6

fishnchip

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
792
Reaction score
546
Location
FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just want to know how long everyone waited until adding their anemones to their systems! Looking to add one soon but worried that my tank is too young (6 months).

Thanks and Happy Reefing!
 
The main reason people say wait 6 months is because if you are new, your tank goes through a lot of changes which they don't like. If you're tank is stable and you are taking readings to check its stability then you are good to go.
 
The main reason people say wait 6 months is because if you are new, your tank goes through a lot of changes which they don't like. If you're tank is stable and you are taking readings to check its stability then you are good to go.
Good to hear! My parameters have been stable for some time now so I might give it a shot! All my corals (except for a frag of zoas) are growing and doing well also so that gives me a little more hope:)
 
Good to hear! My parameters have been stable for some time now so I might give it a shot! All my corals (except for a frag of zoas) are growing and doing well also so that gives me a little more hope:)

I've been in the hobby for 14 years now. Just setup a new 120g and added one in the first month after cycle because I know how to keep a tank stable. 6 months later the nem has doubled in size and doing great.
 
I've been in the hobby for 14 years now. Just setup a new 120g and added one in the first month after cycle because I know how to keep a tank stable. 6 months later the nem has doubled in size and doing great.
I think I’m going to give it a shot. Any tips?
 
I think I’m going to give it a shot. Any tips?

Have good strong lighting for it. Don't expect it to stay in the spot you place it in. If your powerheads have covers put them on at least for the first two weeks. They can stay put for 5 years and then decide to move. Just buy one that looks healthy that's extended and has a closed mouth.

You can feed them if you want quicker growth. I generally feed mine once a week. My clowns though do a good job at bringing food into its mouth though. That's one of the reasons it has grown so quickly.
 
Have good strong lighting for it. Don't expect it to stay in the spot you place it in. If your powerheads have covers put them on at least for the first two weeks. They can stay put for 5 years and then decide to move. Just buy one that looks healthy that's extended and has a closed mouth.

You can feed them if you want quicker growth. I generally feed mine once a week. My clowns though do a good job at bringing food into its mouth though. That's one of the reasons it has grown so quickly.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new