Where is your tank located??

Bfaxi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living room here. I was a little worried it would distract from the TV and I was right, but I guess it’s ok for the TV to be off more often.

6614AFC6-0D63-4F9F-8A13-DC4CB836B1D2.jpeg

Bfaxi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine it now has three Ap700’s over it now. Pretty well dead center in my living room I am in Texas so no basement to have a nice fish room in so everything is cramped because I had to build the stand at 34” high and when you use 2x6’s plus a 15” tall sump it gets tough to run plumbing lol moral of the story next time the TV isn’t going over the fish tank!!

B1CF8F43-A232-45DA-B858-701F5F4CCCA4.jpeg

I was originally thinking of trying to do something like this under my TV

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone posts pic of their tank but we never get to see how its a part of the room. I thought it would be neat to see how everyone has integrated or taken over a room whatever your prefrence. so post those full room pictures and show how your tank is incorporated in to your home and daily life. (ill post mine as soon as it gets here)
I did with mine

reefruss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try again tomorrow. I don't want to do it now as my wife is sleeping by the tank.

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine it now has three Ap700’s over it now. Pretty well dead center in my living room I am in Texas so no basement to have a nice fish room in so everything is cramped because I had to build the stand at 34” high and when you use 2x6’s plus a 15” tall sump it gets tough to run plumbing lol moral of the story next time the TV isn’t going over the fish tank!!

B1CF8F43-A232-45DA-B858-701F5F4CCCA4.jpeg
What are the dimensions of that tank? Any moisture issues with it under the tv?

Holly B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone placed their aquariums close to their t.v. and had it ruin their t.v.? My t.v. is to the side of the tank a few feet away. I'm just wondering if my saltwater tank could be the cause of my less than a year old t.v. to have screens start gitching and going black on the side where the tank is....company replaced it and sure enough about 4 months later the same thing has happened....so I'm wondering if anyone else has had bad experiences with their placement like this or if it really is just coincidence....

Last edited:

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! Are you getting a new stand and rebuilding the wall unit? How are you doing transfer to new tank? Have a 180 and need to upgrade to 300-360.

Thank you i appreciate the compliment .... i actually traded all of the live stock and rock for the brand new tank so im essentially starting from the beginning again , ya i know some will say im crazy but it was time , i learned a lot from this tank and hopefully will have a thriving SPS dominant tank again soon ??

as far as the stand , im adding 4 x 4 supports in the back and extending the depth of the stand , the cross supporting the center and sides , i will notch out 4 x 4 posts for the front corners as added support and lay a 1/2" piece of plywood down across the top and put a 1/4" piece of self leveling rubber liner on top of that and then the tank . the canopy will slide right on but will have a 12" gap in the back , you wont see this gap because the side cabinets will come out far enough to cover it , the only thing i have to change on the sidde cabinets and the canopy are the few trim pieces because the new tank is 12" deeper ( 36" compared to 24" )

hope that helps ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back