Where is your tank located??

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Great Room' I guess you'd call it. Just off from the kitchen and dining table, tucked under the stairs. It's the only good place for a tank and I'm forever limited to 48". Probably a good thing.

IMG_9144.JPG

That is a dope staircase!

AGREED ! ! ! Stunning staircase ! !

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow there are some really nice setup here

'Great Room' I guess you'd call it. Just off from the kitchen and dining table, tucked under the stairs. It's the only good place for a tank and I'm forever limited to 48". Probably a good thing.

IMG_9144.JPG

The stair case is some excellent craftsmanship and great concept.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AGREED ! ! ! Stunning staircase ! !

The stair case is some excellent craftsmanship and great concept.

Aw shucks, thanks. My wife picked out a bunch of images she liked on Houzz and then we tweaked a little to taste. She and the builder will be happy to know it gets more praise than the tank! ;Smuggrin

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right behind my couch and off to the side of the dining room. I can look at it from anywhere due to our open concept house.
IMG_20181108_164311_1.jpeg
My current tank is a 55 g but will be upgrading to a 120 SCA after the holidays.i already have the tank and most of the equipment. I went with the 120 because it has the same footprint lenghtwise and fits in the same area. I will also be having a display sump behind the dt. It works out great because I can walk completely around the tank and the sump!

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my room acros my bed! I need to buy a quieter pump I’m starting to hear the hum on my current mag 9.5 winter is here and my window is close now that hum is getting to me lol

DF8215F6-2B3E-4ED6-84B2-2671CF50FA16.jpeg
Beautiful tank! What size is it?

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Our Tank is at the dinning room, next to the kitchen. Because we live in a small apartment my options were limited just to that spot. Off course after a long debate over the size, I want it long at least 6 feet but she wanted a nano, at the end, after a lots of why and because we agree with a 4' 90gal. Still in progress, due to the lack of good lighting.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! What size is it?

Thank you! 75g DT 30g sump it doesn’t look as good now I’m batttling AEFW just when I got the love and confidence to grow them and had to cut up my acros made a bootleg rack which is covering most of the front I dispice frag racks in DT! Idk why! Lol... this is a pic from early summer

48AB4D7E-019F-467B-94F4-AA713038B16D.jpeg

159A7677-C719-44CA-B959-0588ECB4E5CE.jpeg

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you i appreciate the compliment .... i actually traded all of the live stock and rock for the brand new tank so im essentially starting from the beginning again , ya i know some will say im crazy but it was time , i learned a lot from this tank and hopefully will have a thriving SPS dominant tank again soon ??

as far as the stand , im adding 4 x 4 supports in the back and extending the depth of the stand , the cross supporting the center and sides , i will notch out 4 x 4 posts for the front corners as added support and lay a 1/2" piece of plywood down across the top and put a 1/4" piece of self leveling rubber liner on top of that and then the tank . the canopy will slide right on but will have a 12" gap in the back , you wont see this gap because the side cabinets will come out far enough to cover it , the only thing i have to change on the sidde cabinets and the canopy are the few trim pieces because the new tank is 12" deeper ( 36" compared to 24" )

hope that helps ?
That sounds awesome! You must be handy with wood work! I hope you will do a build thread! Do you have this tank over basement? Any concerns if you do about weight on floor? I have a 300gal tank over crawl space. We supported floor in crawl space. We have our 180 over the first third of basement floor about 4’ from support beam in basement. We want to upgrade to another 300gal tank but not sure of the floor will hold the weight! House is 15 yrs old and only builder grade. Basement is finished and no place to support floor where current 180g in located. Any suggestions you could think of?
Your wood work is beautiful by the way.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing how this isn't a beautiful tank thread ,I have no problem showing pics . LOL
So the 1st is in the living room /dinning room . It looks pretty good stand & all. I suppose I could have closed the access hatch before taking the pic.
HPIM9327.JPG
This 2nd pic is in a large room off the kitchen . This isn't meant to be pretty at all just work well & hone my coral keeping skills.. I call it the 75 experimental .
HPIM9326.JPG

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll try this again from further back so as to show the tank in the whole room. It looks pretty small in the scope of the whole space but it's much more of a focal point than this photo really shows.
20181108_145753_1541717946373_resized.jpg
That view tho!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back