Where is your tank located??

  • Thread starter Thread starter txreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
.

Living Room
13FD6D50-9A22-4EEA-8F06-C33794CD9DE1.jpeg
 
Here’s mine it now has three Ap700’s over it now. Pretty well dead center in my living room I am in Texas so no basement to have a nice fish room in so everything is cramped because I had to build the stand at 34” high and when you use 2x6’s plus a 15” tall sump it gets tough to run plumbing lol moral of the story next time the TV isn’t going over the fish tank!!

B1CF8F43-A232-45DA-B858-701F5F4CCCA4.jpeg
 
Here’s mine it now has three Ap700’s over it now. Pretty well dead center in my living room I am in Texas so no basement to have a nice fish room in so everything is cramped because I had to build the stand at 34” high and when you use 2x6’s plus a 15” tall sump it gets tough to run plumbing lol moral of the story next time the TV isn’t going over the fish tank!!

B1CF8F43-A232-45DA-B858-701F5F4CCCA4.jpeg

I was originally thinking of trying to do something like this under my TV
 
Everyone posts pic of their tank but we never get to see how its a part of the room. I thought it would be neat to see how everyone has integrated or taken over a room whatever your prefrence. so post those full room pictures and show how your tank is incorporated in to your home and daily life. (ill post mine as soon as it gets here)
I did with mine
 
I'll try again tomorrow. I don't want to do it now as my wife is sleeping by the tank.
 
Here’s mine it now has three Ap700’s over it now. Pretty well dead center in my living room I am in Texas so no basement to have a nice fish room in so everything is cramped because I had to build the stand at 34” high and when you use 2x6’s plus a 15” tall sump it gets tough to run plumbing lol moral of the story next time the TV isn’t going over the fish tank!!

B1CF8F43-A232-45DA-B858-701F5F4CCCA4.jpeg
What are the dimensions of that tank? Any moisture issues with it under the tv?
 
Has anyone placed their aquariums close to their t.v. and had it ruin their t.v.? My t.v. is to the side of the tank a few feet away. I'm just wondering if my saltwater tank could be the cause of my less than a year old t.v. to have screens start gitching and going black on the side where the tank is....company replaced it and sure enough about 4 months later the same thing has happened....so I'm wondering if anyone else has had bad experiences with their placement like this or if it really is just coincidence....
 
Last edited:
Our tank is located in our living room, against the load bearing wall of our old home. The located both my husband and I agreed on and it helps with the stress of college homework for the both of us.
 
'Great Room' I guess you'd call it. Just off from the kitchen and dining table, tucked under the stairs. It's the only good place for a tank and I'm forever limited to 48". Probably a good thing.

IMG_9144.JPG
 
'Great Room' I guess you'd call it. Just off from the kitchen and dining table, tucked under the stairs. It's the only good place for a tank and I'm forever limited to 48". Probably a good thing.

IMG_9144.JPG

That is a dope staircase!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new