Where to buy live rock?

I've bought rock from Premium Aquatics several times and have always been happy with what I got. I'm in the market at the moment for some live rock too.
 
I've bought from florida live rock at least three times. Last time I asked specifically for rock with corals and he shipped me several rocks with ivory corals, brain corals, tube corals. The rock normally has a good collection of turkey wings, assorted macro algaes, small sponges, etc. He'll overnight ship to local air freight for you to pick up in your area. Price is one half what the lfs wants if you're lucky enough to have a nearby store with fresh live rock. Contrary to most aquarists I like to start a reef tank with fresh live rock rather than curing it in the dark for a week or more. Often I'll have mithrax crabs, sponges etc. that will survive and also help with cycling the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new