Which AB+ for mt tank?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new IM Nuvo 30L. Lighting will be a pair of diffused Prime HDs (not 16HDs). I was planning on running a simple BRS AB+ schedule and dial the intensity in to my needs.

When I say "simple", I mean lights come on, 2 hour ramp to my max intensity, hold it for a while, then 2 hour ramp down to off for the night. Simple.

The tank is going to mainly be a zoa show tank with some assorted softies and LPS, so I figured I'd use my Seneye to set my intensity where I have 75-80 PAR on as much of the sand bed (where the zoas will be) as possible and just let the rest of the tank fall where it falls PAR-wise.

Then a saw something about "AB+ SPS" and "AB+ LPS" and a few other AB+ profiles. That's where the confusion started...

Are there multiple AB+ profiles? My tank is going to be softies and LPS only, so is there a different profile I should be using than the "BRS AB+"?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I am aware, there is only 1 AB+
But reefers have modded the standard AB+ to have Cloud cover, Cat 5 Hurricane, Skinny Dipping!

Stick with the standard AB+ and adjust to your liking.

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The differences are mainly the amount of red and green in the spectrum

I'm setting up a new IM Nuvo 30L. Lighting will be a pair of diffused Prime HDs (not 16HDs). I was planning on running a simple BRS AB+ schedule and dial the intensity in to my needs.

When I say "simple", I mean lights come on, 2 hour ramp to my max intensity, hold it for a while, then 2 hour ramp down to off for the night. Simple.

The tank is going to mainly be a zoa show tank with some assorted softies and LPS, so I figured I'd use my Seneye to set my intensity where I have 75-80 PAR on as much of the sand bed (where the zoas will be) as possible and just let the rest of the tank fall where it falls PAR-wise.

Then a saw something about "AB+ SPS" and "AB+ LPS" and a few other AB+ profiles. That's where the confusion started...

Are there multiple AB+ profiles? My tank is going to be softies and LPS only, so is there a different profile I should be using than the "BRS AB+"?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back