cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ATI bulb on my 55 gallon and right now I'm using 2 blue+, 1 aquablue special, and 1 purple+. which ATI says is 10K-14K. I'm wondering if I should keep that and put a reef brite actinic blue lumi lite strip on id have that run 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours at night. or if I should do 16k-20k with 3 blue+ and 1 purple+. I just want to know what would be the best for sps for color and growth.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is totally up to you. The combo that you have a good blend of color and growth. If you want more growth, add in a Daylight bulb. The reef brite is mostly for looks, but might help some with some growth. There is no right or wrong answer to this, IMO.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people that use all blue plus, people that use a mixture. It really depends on what look you like best! I like a blue tank but not super blue. Personally for a 4 bulb fixture I would use 3 blue plus and a coral plus, but that is just me.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it’s the color temperature. Really just a term to describe the color of it.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with my 6 bulbs, half coral + and half blue + gave me an almost exact color of my previous phoenix 14k mh's or Radiums. You'll get plenty of other answers!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back