White Around Polyps

Comic_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2017
Messages
465
Reaction score
451
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

Can you please assist. As you can see in the photo, this frag of Acro is showing white circles around each of the polyps. Looking closely I haven't identified any pests on the coral, however something seems off. Is it just that that side is shadowed a bit?
20190321_135617.jpeg
20190320_183914.jpeg
 
Sorry forgot to post params

Alk - 8.2
Cal - 430
pH - 8.2
NO3 - 2
PO4 - 0.03
Mag - 1350
 
Did you dip that? It looks pretty new, could have a pest eating the tissue.
Yes. I refuse to put anything not dipped in my tank. And spend time with each frag under a magnifying glass.

I caught my Emerald picking around it
Is it possible he did this? Seems out of character cause I've never seen him pick at anything before or since and the tank is well fed.
 
I've never know emerald crabs to do any harm to coral, but they will steal food.
Yeah that has been my experience too. I have been constantly checking it over with a flashlight zooming with my camera to see if I can catch anything chomping away. No sign of AEFW or Red Bugs
 
Again checked at night to see if anything was being a pest at night and still nothing visible as far as pests go. .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new