White spot pygmy filefish!

Is a whitespot Pygmy Filefish a good idea in a very expensive (coral wise...) reef tank?

• Good idea. Chance of being not "reef-safe" is low.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Good idea. Risking it is worth it.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I had one and it worked out, never really ate corals.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I had one and It feasted (ate corals).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea. Not work the risk.

• Bad idea. These fish never work.

• Total voters

If_Only

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been veeerrry interested in filefish-es quirky behavior and cool swimming pattern and colors. I've always wanted to get a huge one but you know, i only have a reef tank. Iven seen some people keeping this whitespots in reef tanks. Any info on these guys? Information is kind of scarce, at least more firsthand experiences which is what I'm looking for. Are they like a foxface where there's a mystic rumor of them chowing down on corals or more like a dwarf angel? Any help and especially first hand experience is great! Thanks!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been veeerrry interested in filefish-es quirky behavior and cool swimming pattern and colors. I've always wanted to get a huge one but you know, i only have a reef tank. Iven seen some people keeping this whitespots in reef tanks. Any info on these guys? Information is kind of scarce, at least more firsthand experiences which is what I'm looking for. Are they like a foxface where there's a mystic rumor of them chowing down on corals or more like a dwarf angel? Any help and especially first hand experience is great! Thanks!

eatbreakfast our fish expert.

If added simultaneously two males can coexist in a 75. They are mostly reef safe, but have seen specimens pick at duncans and blastos.

But,
You may have luck with one from ORA

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept them on and off over the years and they never ate any coral. The worst they do is bite into one to sleep....moslty gorgs if they do. They like to bite into the silicone or a powerhead and all sorts of stuff and sleep that way :)

Eating coral ? Nah.

OP
OP
If_Only

If_Only

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept them on and off over the years and they never ate any coral. The worst they do is bite into one to sleep....moslty gorgs if they do. They like to bite into the silicone or a powerhead and all sorts of stuff and sleep that way :)

Eating coral ? Nah.
I’m ordering it... thanks a lot. they are from ORA so they should be eating? What did your eat? How often should I feed them? I’ve heard they like water a bit cooler?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m ordering it... thanks a lot. they are from ORA so they should be eating? What did your eat? How often should I feed them? I’ve heard they like water a bit cooler?

They will eat just about anything...piggies.

Cold water fish but bred and raised in tropical. They seem to do fine at normal reef temps.

They are fun. Interactive and mine were breeding when I had them. They can change patterns...sometimes they will have tiger stripes or odd things.

OP
OP
If_Only

If_Only

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat just about anything...piggies.

Cold water fish but bred and raised in tropical. They seem to do fine at normal reef temps.

They are fun. Interactive and mine were breeding when I had them. They can change patterns...sometimes they will have tiger stripes or odd things.
Alright! Sounds good, thanks a lot for the help!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back