Who Doses Carbon?

RYcube2951

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Messages
205
Reaction score
60
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coralife Biocube 29G reef setup. Mostly softie corals and 3 fish. Filtration is Eshopps sponge, Tunze 9001 skimmer, and live rock. I do a 10 -15 percent weekly water change and make my own saltwater. RO/DI water and a quality salt mix. Feeding Blue Zoo mix (dry food) daily and Red Sea AB+ coral nutrition 2 times weekly (1ml per dose). I test my water with Nyos kits. Typical Phosphates are 0.25 and Nitrates are 20. I have some snails that keep my rocks clean but my sand does have some brown algae patches. I would like to lower both Phosphate/Nitrate and have considered dosing a liquid carbon or Phosphate E (lanthium chloride). Has anyone tried these methods?
 
I carbon dose. Using a diy version of nopox. Vinegar and vodka with a little rodi wate. Your nitrates aren't too bad but phosphates are a little high. Try to get nitrates around 5-to10ppm phosphates around .03-.1ppm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new