Who Gave Her a Big Girl Tank?! helen ann's 56g Reef Savvy!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1480710463248.jpeg
No Bottles!!! Shhhhhhh!!!!:p

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, to make it easier for people to follow my build, I will use post #2 to provide daily updates; it will provide the update for the day (if there is one), the link to the specific page it was posted on and the thread number)

My threads seem be get off track easily ... YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! LOVE YA' ... BUT ... ;):p:)

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji6] I'm just pickin'. So, you gonna stop at Pubeblix and grab a shrimp from seafood? I saw someone do it that way on YouTube. Kind of fascinated me. I've always live rocked it, or took a scoop of someone's sand and added a bottle.
I know you are Hun!!!;):p
No, I thought you would it pick up the shrimp for me and bring it while you peepin'!!!;)
The Biospheres/Filter Floss is almost the same as taking someone's sand.:rolleyes:

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are Hun!!!;):p
No, I thought you would it pick up the shrimp for me and bring it while you peepin'!!!;)
The Biospheres/Filter Floss is almost the same as taking someone's sand.:rolleyes:

Well that's what I figured. I don't see the big deal in doing it however you want. I just can't wait for more pictures madam, be sure that I have serious tank envy. It's really making the psych med work OVERTIME[emoji14]

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, to make it easier for people to follow my build, I will use post #2 to provide daily updates; it will provide the update for the day (if there is one), the link to the specific page it was posted on and the thread number)

My threads seem be get off track easily ... YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! LOVE YA' ... BUT ... ;):p:)
Well I never:p:p:D:D

Good morning Mam:)

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your sand bed? and why do you need to pull sand out?

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No chemicals? That will be interesting.

I'm very interested to see how you will cycle your tank without adding Dihydrogen monoxide. :confused:

When I did my tank I did not add any chemicals to it. Just put in a chunk of live rock and let it to do its thing. It worked. Took me about 3 weeks before the water was ok. Mind you not perfect but ok. Another 3 weeks and it was good.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Granted that it was blown around a lil' and low in some spots but once I correct that it looks like it might be 2.75 inches.
still have issues with the gyre pick up sand?

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I did my tank I did not add any chemicals to it. Just put in a chunk of live rock and let it to do its thing. It worked. Took me about 3 weeks before the water was ok. Mind you not perfect but ok. Another 3 weeks and it was good.
Yep, am expecting about a 5/6 week cycle. Gives me plenty of time to get through the Holiday craziness and plan the stock list.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back