Who's from Jersey!

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips! Very familiar with Tropiquarium (I used to work with the owner when we both worked for TFH!). Seen ACC but haven't checked it out. I'll visit Aquatic Obsessions for sure.

Cheers,
rant

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TSM is by far the best store in my area (South Jersey). Extremely knowledgeable staff and a great selection of a variety of livestock. Can't wait for the fish wall to be added!
To be honest I went there this afternoon. They had a nice set up. But I wasn't impressed at all. Corals were bland. Not much color. And not much of a selection. The only thing that caught my eye was a nice rbta. I'll probably stop in again. But if it's the same I wouldn't go back.

jmilillo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I went there this afternoon. They had a nice set up. But I wasn't impressed at all. Corals were bland. Not much color. And not much of a selection. The only thing that caught my eye was a nice rbta. I'll probably stop in again. But if it's the same I wouldn't go back.
Yeah I'd give it another shot. In a few more weeks he said they'll have the fish wall and more coral bins in with more inventory

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'd give it another shot. In a few more weeks he said they'll have the fish wall and more coral bins in with more inventory
They had like 3 more rows of frag holding tanks but they weren't filled. Like I said I'll give it another try. I'm setting up my second tank now. Still have a few more weeks to go. I'll try them out when it's ready.

Srieger329

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just signed up here the other day. I'm getting back into reefing right after my move from bayville to forked river. Looking to meet some new or rekindle some past friendships in the reefers world.
Currently I have a 30g freshwater that will either become a reef tank or be upgraded to something bigger. So who's open to chit chat?

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just signed up here the other day. I'm getting back into reefing right after my move from bayville to forked river. Looking to meet some new or rekindle some past friendships in the reefers world.
Currently I have a 30g freshwater that will either become a reef tank or be upgraded to something bigger. So who's open to chit chat?
Welcome!! Theres a good amount of jersey reefers on here. I'm a little further south than you (Mays Landing). Also check out njreefers.org for more locals and local events.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also our monthly meeting this month isn't too far from you in point pleasant

Srieger329

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a member on there sooo long ago! Glad to see its still active and growing. Just reset my password and logged in. I'm excited to get a tank up and running. Maybe hosting a meeting when its showoff worthy lol

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a member on there sooo long ago! Glad to see its still active and growing. Just reset my password and logged in. I'm excited to get a tank up and running. Maybe hosting a meeting when its showoff worthy lol
Sounds good man! Can't wait to see it!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Srieger329 . Good advice from @kschweer . When you're ready to start up that saltwater box, suggest starting a Member's Tank thread and documenting you build. Again, welcome.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Srieger329 ! Glad to know there are so many Jersey reefers out there when I'm just dipping my toe in that water for the first time. I think I'll have my first tank starting in September. I'm starting small and simple but I'm really excited for it.

Cheers,
rant

cabj1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at TSM Corals today and pic up a few things. Nice selection and a variety of lps, sps and anemones. He just got another shipment in so this is the best time to cherry pic . I have been to a lot of places in the tri state area plus my and it ranks up there. Also if you are looking for anything he will be able to get it in. I am thankful we have a place down here in sj that finally is In it for the hobby. Good stuff guys

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bergen County, Still looking for a good LFS, mostly Internet for now. Any suggestions?
Not too familiar with that area but I think you may be close to Elos in milburn or aquatic obsessions in avenel.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back