Who's from Jersey!

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That's the first I've heard of that. I knew they shut down cause of the move to the new location. I thought the shutdown was early. Cause they say the new store will be ready by mid june. Was wondering why they would shut down one before the other is ready. Hopefully all the employees are ok. I take my 5yo in there with me all the time. I remember when I was a kid. Me and a few friends in a gym broke the thermostat by accident. We were playing with the mercury that came out. Flicking it with our fingers across the gym floor. We're all still here. Maybe someone was ticked their leaving that location. That part of that strip mall is dead there.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4fishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edgewater park here

Hidden Reef?? That place seems like its going out of business and all the coral is was overpriced. I frequent there just to kill time but wont spend money. Ill gladly shop at Fish Factory down the street. To top it off they have an awesome rewards program, not the spend $1000 and get $10 credit BS. Go in and ask for their rewards card, you wont be disappointed.
I agree 100%. Never tried Fish Factory always looked dirty from the outside

Mark Shelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Jackson, NJ.
I tend to get fish and equipment from either Tropiquarium or Aquarium Care Center. I don't make my own water yet, so I get that from Tropiquarium as my results have been good so far. It gives me an excuse to go there to see both as well.
I got most of my corals from Mark at Ultimate Corals. Not only is it close, but I learn a lot while I am there.
I want to see Reefabout!
I prefer to keep my business local so the only things I get online are those I can't find in the stores. I appreciate the fact that they are taking risks with livestock. And having an knowledgeable person to talk to is worth any extra I might pay, so I want them to stay in business!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium center is open and nice inside.
The fish factory does look dirty from the outside but Roy the owner is a great guy and inside is very nice by far my favorite store u can tell they care.
The hidden reef is crap overpriced for fish that are dieing in their tanks and there rewards plan is crap 1000 dollars to get ten horrible store.
O I'm from around Deptford NJ
New to the forms and new to corals so any help or ideas would be awesome

SJ-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hidden reef has the worst coral selection. But they have RC for $42.99 this week. There dry goods are the lowest aaround.

SJ-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1469251011531.jpg

NJHC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of members on here are from jersey, just wanted to see who and where from. Also list your favorite Jersey LFS.

I'll start. I'm from Mays Landing (down south) and at the moment my favorite LFS would be Reefabout in Ventnor City.

Looking forward to hearing from others!
I'm over here now, lol. ACC Ocean nj is the best in the state

Jej34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hidden reef has the worst coral selection. But they have RC for $42.99 this week. There dry goods are the lowest aaround.
I go to the reef, kinda agree in the corals, I like some of the staff and their dry goods.
I've been driving by a place called "Fish Factory" for 2 years which looks dumpy from the outside, but has great corals.. Fish Factory is 2 minutes from the reef.

SJ-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to the reef, kinda agree in the corals, I like some of the staff and their dry goods.
I've been driving by a place called "Fish Factory" for 2 years which looks dumpy from the outside, but has great corals.. Fish Factory is 2 minutes from the reef.
I also buy corals from the fish factory, but IMO captain nemo's in Norristown has the best corals and largest selection around. They import ftom Indonesia, they have 5 large frag tanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back