As you can see- No test in 24hrs

1650421366559.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With a no water sample message on top, I dont think its pulling water. I may have to open up tomorrow and assure line is Not pinched

1650421633388.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a no water sample message on top, I dont think its pulling water. I may have to open up tomorrow and assure line is Not pinched

1650421633388.png
If your trident is new I’m sure it needs an update. Have you tried to check for updates. I notice you have 3 alarms if I am reading correctly In Your upper left corner. I use iPhone and I think you on pc so maybe I’m mistaken. But if not you can click that and it should show brief description of the alarm issues and see if one of them is for out of date module if so check if it’s trident and then do update if needed and recheck

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If your trident is new I’m sure it needs an update. Have you tried to check for updates. I notice you have 3 alarms if I am reading correctly In Your upper left corner. I use iPhone and I think you on pc so maybe I’m mistaken. But if not you can click that and it should show brief description of the alarm issues and see if one of them is for out of date module if so check if it’s trident and then do update if needed and recheck
Those alarms are my disconnected devices- WAV pumps,etc
I updated trident in case- was up to date

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'd put in a ticket to Neptune. I had the exact same issue with mine out of the box. The tech ended up walking me through a partial disassembly which (for whatever reason) resolved the water sample errors.
My last resort but considered

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BTW- thank you for all the suggestions !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And you successfully completed the Trident Initial Setup?

7120A06E-6008-4D09-A8C1-5BD112028B23.png
Thank you for taking the time to help figure out. I’m taking cover off when I get home and assure everything clear path and connected

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last resort but considered
If you screw the 4 rubber feet off you can lift off the lid and smoked panel in the front to inspect the inside for any leaks, loose connections, etc.

Doing that and just checking the various connections for anything loose solved the error for me.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you screw the 4 rubber feet off you can lift off the lid and smoked panel in the front to inspect the inside for any leaks, loose connections, etc.

Doing that and just checking the various connections for anything loose solved the error for me.
Yep. Almost too many videos in you tube regarding disassembly. Looks easy enough

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one easy thing you can do is reach around the trident, disconnect the sample line (black) gently, rinse it, and then blow through it to see if air goes through. If not it is blocked.

You may have already done this. Apologies if so. I've had this happen to me a couple times.

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 times a day?! I've been eyeing this thing because I'm lazy and hate testing once a week manually and thinking the 60 day reagent kit would last me 120 because I'd only test ONCE a day rather than the twice a day that kit accounts for. Testing 6+ times a day seems.... excessive. Do most people really test that often?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 times a day?! I've been eyeing this thing because I'm lazy and hate testing once a week manually and thinking the 60 day reagent kit would last me 120 because I'd only test ONCE a day rather than the twice a day that kit accounts for. Testing 6+ times a day seems.... excessive. Do most people really test that often?

I have no idea what most people are using. I'd wager the default number of tests which is 4/2/2 (ALK, Cal, Mg). 6 month reagent box is 100 bucks so not too bad all things considered.

As far as excessive goes who knows. It is an optional tool, not mandatory, and plenty of amazing displays that don't use any form of automated testing.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test 6 times a day but I’m away from my tank a week or more at a time for work, I sleep better and actually don’t care about the cost as one frag loss is more than the 300 it cost me in reagents a year.

To me it’s a monitoring tool more than anything as my dosing is consistent and never really changes

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to help figure out. I’m taking cover off when I get home and assure everything clear path and connected
I’ve had this happen to me with one of my trident when it was new out the box. What happens is inside trident uses a valve to pinch the hoses to stop fluid flow. In the off position all these hoses are pinched tight and over some time the hoses bond together at this pinch point causing the blockage. One of the best ways to fix this is by using a syringe with small tip like one that comes with aptasia x and while trident is trying to prime that valve for sample will not be compressing hose this is when you shoot water thru hose to un pinch it. Hope this solves your issue

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had this happen to me with one of my trident when it was new out the box. What happens is inside trident uses a valve to pinch the hoses to stop fluid flow. In the off position all these hoses are pinched tight and over some time the hoses bond together at this pinch point causing the blockage. One of the best ways to fix this is by using a syringe with small tip like one that comes with aptasia x and while trident is trying to prime that valve for sample will not be compressing hose this is when you shoot water thru hose to un pinch it. Hope this solves your issue
Lol- I took that syringe out last night
Don’t understand why the hoses are not rigid

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back