Why are my corals ticked off?

Lack of food and light. At minimum, moderate light and water flow.
What test kits are you using ?
For my testing I'm using:

Salifert:
- Calcium
- Magnesium

Hannah:
- Alkalinity

Red Sea:
- Phosphate
- Nitrate

Refractometer:
- Salinity

Milkwaukee PH600:
- pH levels (though I leave in it the tank for like 1 minute for it to converge to a singular value!)

Feeding:
I've been feeding the PE Mysis shrimp daily ( ~1/2 size of pinky fingernail ) to the tank with Reef roids 2x a week!

Question:
So here is another question I have about increasing lighting levels to the tank! I've read that it's recommended to increase the levels around ~5% a week to the tank to not blast the corals with higher PAR. But since I can control individual light types (Royal Blue, Cool Blue, Violet, White, etc.) does that mean I should increase for example...

Increasing each by 5%
Royal Blue 10% -> 15%
Cool Blue 10% -> 15%
Violet 10% -> 15%

or

Increase the total by 5% ( Just for example )
Royal Blue 10% -> 11.667%
Cool Blue 10% -> 11.667%
Violet 10% -> 11.667%

Thanks for the help!!
 
Increasing the lights 5% per week or every 2 weeks to start. Be careful not to go too fast, especially with low nutrients. Get that PO4 up to .03-.05. The brightwell product works well and is accurate per their instructions. Test frequently. The corals will suck it all up initially.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new