Why do Midas blennies come in many different colours?

I may be dumb but I didn't read anyone bring it up but would sex play a role? I know in nature male and female can look very different....
Blennies don't tend to be sexually dichromatic, but there are examples like bicolors. That doesn't really work for Midas though, as many run into them being one color and changing into another, which likely isn't attributed to sex-changing as blennies tend to be gonochoristic (two distinct sexes).
 
Blennies don't tend to be sexually dichromatic, but there are examples like bicolors. That doesn't really work for Midas though, as many run into them being one color and changing into another, which likely isn't attributed to sex-changing as blennies tend to be gonochoristic (two distinct sexes).
I was meaning the male being one color as to the female being of a different color....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new