Why does my anemone throw up at night?

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this BTA back in August and it’s grown a bit too. Overall it’s pretty healthy. Sometimes at night after I feed it though, it will just throw up all the food completely undigested.
The pic I attached is currently right now and I fed the BTA 9 hours ago. For it’s size, I would assume it would be able to easily digest the small amount I gave it. Usually when I feed like two pieces of krill this doesn’t happen. I’m just wondering why it does though.
 
hi,forgot to add pics,poss try different food ,how often do you feed?
 
hi,forgot to add pics,poss try different food ,how often do you feed?
Oh my bad. I’ve also tried brine shrimp, Rod’s, and pellets. I’ll usually feed the BTA 1-2 times a week

4DD7647A-EDBB-4B0C-B631-E43E51C74C08.jpeg
 
hi, lets ask a nem expert ,@Eagle_Steve ;) also is that a widow??
 
hi, lets ask a nem expert ,@Eagle_Steve ;) also is that a widow??
My suggestion is to not feed at all. It is not needed. They randomly end up with food and can survive just fine on light alone. Feeding to much can and will stress a nem out.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new