Why get a biocube if...

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I notice people really like the biocube aquariums. They are sleek aio kits and come at a pretty reasonable price for what you get. Heck I plan on getting one In the future and placing it next to my nuvo 10g tank.
However I do notice alot of people buy it and immediately take the hood off and use their own lights like an ai prime instead of using the stock light that is built into the hood.
My question is, why pay the price for a biocube when you arent going to keep half of what comes with it? The hood its self contributes to almost half the cost of the entire setup. Is the biocube really only worth it if you intend on using the hood?
Personally when I get one I do plan on removing the hood because it gets too hot in my house and regulating the temp of a tank with a hood is a nightmare for me. I use fans to keep my temp stable.
Would the biocube still be a good investment? Can you buy it without the hood to cut down costs? Why buy the biocube tank without the hood if there are other more economical options.
No way trying to bash biocube or talk myself out of getting one I am more just curious on what everyone else thinks about them.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't care for them rimless. I love them with a hood. Steve's LEDs are a much better lighting option. Btw, you can buy them already upgraded at walmart.com around Christmas.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One of the nice features of bio cube tank is the trim and hood which gives it a sleek one piece molded look.
Over the years many modifications have become available especially with lighting and filtration whereas at one point we had to settle for the compact flourescent lights and basic AIO sump built in

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back