any insight would be helpful

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It look a little bleached.
Does it open it mouth all the time or just after you feed the tank?
How long have it open it’s mouth like that?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It look a little bleached.
Does it open it mouth all the time or just after you feed the tank?
How long have it open it’s mouth like that?
what would be the reason to make it bleach?
it’s like that most of the time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not enough light or perhaps the water condition is poor.
How are the rest of your corals and fish?
i posted my water parameters. They are good considering RHA are hardy.

How and what do u feed ur RFA? how many times a week

Upvote 0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality of the water often have to do with micro toxin or trace elements. The macro nutrients often does not tell the whole picture.
That is why questions about other animals. I had a carpet that started to inflated its mouth when I neglected the tank. Go back to normal after several weeks with serial water changes. My nitrates was never detectable and phosphates also on the low side. Even then, water quality was the issue.
Anemones grow with feeding and don’t grow much without feeding. These anemones are small. Mine only about 2 inches. I feed them 1 cube of about 1/3 to 1/2 cm on each side. Every 2-3 days. This get them to grow very quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality of the water often have to do with micro toxin or trace elements. The macro nutrients often does not tell the whole picture.
That is why questions about other animals. I had a carpet that started to inflated its mouth when I neglected the tank. Go back to normal after several weeks with serial water changes. My nitrates was never detectable and phosphates also on the low side. Even then, water quality was the issue.
Anemones grow with feeding and don’t grow much without feeding. These anemones are small. Mine only about 2 inches. I feed them 1 cube of about 1/3 to 1/2 cm on each side. Every 2-3 days. This get them to grow very quickly.
Maybe I should try running carbon for any toxins. Target feeding is so hard tho. Thank you so much bro.

Upvote 0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use carbon. You never really know what it remove. Also there could be short of trace element or trace nutrient also, not just excess.
I went and read up on of your previous posting. Apparently you have issues with your animals, especially RFA.
I recommend that you do increases water change. This will replace nutrients as well as remove excess buildup of various stuff.
While you can keep a reef with minimal to no water change, it take extensive testing and managment of various compounds and elements.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use carbon. You never really know what it remove. Also there could be short of trace element or trace nutrient also, not just excess.
I went and read up on of your previous posting. Apparently you have issues with your animals, especially RFA.
I recommend that you do increases water change. This will replace nutrients as well as remove excess buildup of various stuff.
While you can keep a reef with minimal to no water change, it take extensive testing and managment of various compounds and elements.
will do water change brotha

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back