Why no UV sterilizer with Biopellets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter atlfishes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atlfishes

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
527
Reaction score
158
Location
Atlanta, GA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In doing some preliminary research I've read that one should not use a UV sterilizer with biopellets. I not seen any reasons why that is the case. Anyone have a good explanation or any experience running a UV with biopellets? If I were to setup the biopellet reactor to feed the skimmer and then have a UV after the skimmer would that be okay?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new