why was the auto aqua awc discontiuned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply
why was it discontinued

If i remember reading somewhere, the pumps they used were junk and kept having to RMA them, and basically the cost to keep doing it wasnt worth it anymore so they stopped making the unit.

(dont work for BRS)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AutoAqua AWC was discontinued by the manufacturer. We were not given a reason why in this particular case. We had, and I believe still have, a few of them running around the office. Hopefully someone will come up with another relatively low cost stand-alone AWC system again in the future.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i remember reading somewhere, the pumps they used were junk and kept having to RMA them, and basically the cost to keep doing it wasnt worth it anymore so they stopped making the unit.

(dont work for BRS)
But they also had the Smart Plugs that would allow you to use whatever pumps you wanted. Shame since the controller and the idea of combining AWC and ATO into 1 unit is genius. Hopefully someone else comes out with something similar or Hydros follows their lead.

N-A-S-O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck. I have one for my new build that's still in the box. So are these unreliable?

werth6812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they also had the Smart Plugs that would allow you to use whatever pumps you wanted. Shame since the controller and the idea of combining AWC and ATO into 1 unit is genius. Hopefully someone else comes out with something similar or Hydros follows their lead.
I know this is an older post. However, the pumps on mine went bad. I know nothing of the smart plugs? can you let me know what you are talking about?

ReeferMonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find them on bulkreefsupply.com
(The smart plugs)

Hobbitses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We stumbled across this link today!

Not much information, but the Smart AWC Duo seems to finally be on the horizon.
Hi I ordered the Autoaqua Smart AWC Touch form a place in the UK a couple of weeks ago and they said that its is a 3-4 week delivery but just reading this thread makes me wonder if I will get or even if I should cancel it if it has been discontinued.
Does anyone have any news on the Smart AWC Duo and its availability in the UK?

ReeferMonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo dunno bout u but I use an auto topoff hooked up to my fresh made saltwater container (plug it in when I intend to change water) and hookup my Python water change hose to my sink. Then as I drain new water replaces. No lifting ten minute effortless water change. (Yes I was disappointed as well as I wanted one of those but crafted something similar...)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these and it has been a nightmare since I hooked it up. The screen always went dark, even when in use. I literally have to flick it to get it to illuminate. AutoAqua would not do anything for customer support. I was told that they will have the Duo - "soon".
Honestly, I paid almost $200 for the piece of junk that I have. I am reluctant to give another $200 to the same company. I plan on replacing with another ATO and then a separate pump to drain using the KASA strip to power on and off.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back