why was the auto aqua awc discontiuned

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The AutoAqua AWC was discontinued by the manufacturer. We were not given a reason why in this particular case. We had, and I believe still have, a few of them running around the office. Hopefully someone will come up with another relatively low cost stand-alone AWC system again in the future.

JGT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If i remember reading somewhere, the pumps they used were junk and kept having to RMA them, and basically the cost to keep doing it wasnt worth it anymore so they stopped making the unit.

(dont work for BRS)
But they also had the Smart Plugs that would allow you to use whatever pumps you wanted. Shame since the controller and the idea of combining AWC and ATO into 1 unit is genius. Hopefully someone else comes out with something similar or Hydros follows their lead.

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
what the heck. I have one for my new build that's still in the box. So are these unreliable?
Running for 2 years + no problem, just clean occasional buildup on sensor

werth6812

View Badges
Reaction score
But they also had the Smart Plugs that would allow you to use whatever pumps you wanted. Shame since the controller and the idea of combining AWC and ATO into 1 unit is genius. Hopefully someone else comes out with something similar or Hydros follows their lead.
I know this is an older post. However, the pumps on mine went bad. I know nothing of the smart plugs? can you let me know what you are talking about?

ReeferMonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
You can find them on bulkreefsupply.com
(The smart plugs)

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 386 44.5%
  • Like them

Votes: 238 27.5%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 162 18.7%