Will the Apex ever go on sale?

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this whole thing. What I came away with is this. It's not Neptune, it's BRS, MD and the rest of those that won't sell for less, even if they can't advertise for less.

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this whole thing. What I came away with is this. It's not Neptune, it's BRS, MD and the rest of those that won't sell for less, even if they can't advertise for less.
You are correct, my Apex should arrive Tuesday via FedX ground and I paid $719.99 including shipping.

Discounts can be had if you look for them.

I will post an image of my new controller when I receive it.

Where there is a will (and a telephone) there is a way.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rumors have always been that MAP style companies like Neptune, Giesemann, Ecotech and many others will not allow you to be an authorized retailer if you are caught selling for less.

THAT is what has always bugged me with MAP pricing. Companies can NOT tell a retailer what they are allowed to sell for. But if you sell for less, we won't wholesale to you any longer...that is the biggest issue IMO.

Like has been said earlier, find a good LFS and have them give you a deal. I have done this many times over the years with many MAP products.

I would argue that MAP policies actually don't help the local shops at all. Why would I drive to the store, spend the time and gas doing so, pay the taxes and get the same price (plus tax) as sitting on my couch and clicking a couple buttons? Then it gets shipped directly to me. I save time, money and gas this way. Personally, I think true LFS' should be able to advertise and sell for less. That gives them a leg up on bigger competition and gets people in the door. If ANY of the MAP style companies truly cared about the hobby and LFS, they would implement these practices in some way.

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promised an up-date.

Discounts are possible if you are willing to do a bit of work looking for them.

I am still firmly convinced that MAP is noncompetitive, anyone should be able to sell anything for what they want, if someone is willing to sell at a loss then that is their business. Manufactures make the same if a retailer sells their product for full price or for a dollar, we as consumers should be allowed to make our own decisions about what we purchase from whom and how much we are willing to pay for it.

Apex Box 05-12-2018 1.jpg

Apex Box 05-12-2018 2.jpg

Apex Box 05-12-2018 3.jpg

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a couple of weeks, any feedback from the attorney?
I did file a complaint with the local U.S. Attorney's office and spoke to an Assistant U.S. Attorney. It seems that they are looking at MAP pricing in the light of Anti-Trust Laws and working on a case which will include a number of manufacturers.

I could be a year or more before they are ready to proceed. From what I was told the justice dept has been and is receiving a large number of complaints from retailers and consumers over the practice

R0BERTM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is very frustrating to see most sites with "10% off site wide!**" only to find out the ** is for excluding everything you want. However, after reading though this thread I can't shake the feeling of a kid throwing a temper tantrum in a grocery isle, having the mother finally giving in with the kid going ha ha, it worked!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is very frustrating to see most sites with "10% off site wide!**" only to find out the ** is for excluding everything you want. However, after reading though this thread I can't shake the feeling of a kid throwing a temper tantrum in a grocery isle, having the mother finally giving in with the kid going ha ha, it worked!
Black Friday is only 6 or 7 weeks away. The good stuff is usually on sale then!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back